Welcome to Alumni Career & Professional Development! Our team offers support for alumni in all phases of their professional lives. Check out all of our service offerings and resources below.
Alumni who graduated within the last year from a graduate or undergraduate program still have full access to the suite of services offered by their respective career services offices. Access those services exactly as you did as a student. If you graduated from the Sturm College of Law, the Daniels College of Business or earned a graduate degree from the Josef Korbel School of International Studies, you receive lifetime services from the career center in that school. Reach out directly to those offices via the above links. Alumni who are current DU employees may also make an appointment with the Human Resources & Inclusive Community Manager of Talent and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Resumes and Cover Letters: Demystifying Your Application Materials | March 3, 2021 | Learn more and register!
- HireColorado Virtual Alumni and Graduate Student Career Fair | March 17-March 18, 2021 | Learn more and register!
- Effective Team Management | Thursday, April 8, 2021 | Learn more and register!
- How to Rock Your Interview and Land Your Dream Job | Wednesday, April 14, 2021 | Learn more and register!
- Salary Negotiation 101 | Webinar | May 19, 2021 | Learn more and register!
Women’s Programming (March is Women’s History Month)
- C.U.E. the Mic: Secrets of Success from Women Entrepreneurs | Panel Discussion | February 17, 2021 | Learn more and register!
- Women’s Leadership Collaborative | Virtual series | March 11, 18 and 25, 2021 | Learn more and register!
- Woman Up! (or Man Up!): How to Manage Your Career Like a Boss | March 16, 2021 | Learn more and register!
Recordings of Prior Events
Miss a live program? Or looking for content on a specific career topic? Check out our robust offering of Recordings of Prior Events, available 24/7: Career Advancement | Career Transitions | Entrepreneurship | Job Search (General) | Job Search (Specific Areas) | Leadership | LinkedIn & Social Media | Networking | Resumes & Interviews
Quick Questions Coaching
Sessions may last up to 15 minutes and no appointment is necessary (first come, first served). Call 303.871.4331 during our office hours:
- Mondays: 9-10 a.m. MT
- Tuesday: 4-5 p.m. MT
- Wednesdays: 9-10 a.m. MT
- Thursdays: 4-5 p.m. MT
- Fridays: 9-10 a.m. MT
Resume and LinkedIn Profile Reviews
Email email@example.com with your resume in Word format or a link to your LinkedIn profile. One of our expert career coaches will provide feedback within 4 business days.
Login to Big Interview to practice interviewing, watch career videos and more. You’ll need a du.edu email. Don’t have one? Call University Technology Services at 303.871.4700 to set up your @alumni.du.edu email address.
Career Coach Referral Program
Looking for more in-depth career, leadership or executive coaching? Check out the Career Coach Referral Program to connect with one of our pre-screened career coaches. Each one offers a free, 15-minute intake appointment and a 20% discount off their regular rates.
PCO (formerly Pioneer Careers) – Find local and national jobs posted specifically for DU alumni and students. If you do not have a PCO account, email firstname.lastname@example.org for access.
DU Job Board – Find jobs at your alma mater.
DU Law Careers Online – DU Law alumni access this job board for legal openings.
Employers – Learn how to recruit for job or internship openings for entry-level and experienced professionals.