You may not realize that January and February are prime hiring seasons on college campuses for both full-time jobs and internships. Many organizations looking to hire June grads and summer interns start early in the calendar year to ensure they hire the best talent before their competitors.
With that in mind, now is a great time to get started on your job and internship search, no matter what your field of study! A few simple action items to help you get started include:
- Get your resume reviewed by one of our team members. Our research has shown that students who get a resume review score higher with employers than those that do not get feedback.
- Attend one of the upcoming career fairs for hospitality students, all majors and/or business majors.
- Meet with your career advisor to get tips on finding employment in your preferred field and location. Visit du.edu/pco to schedule an appointment.
- Attend upcoming sessions at this week’s Career Skills Conference to get tips on marketing yourself and finding openings.
- In addition to looking at job and internship postings on PCO, check out UCAN Intern for additional internship listings across the country.
- Brush up on your interview skills to ensure you land the job once you secure an interview. Need professional attire to make a great impression? Visit the Career Closet for help.
The Career & Professional Development staff is here to help you every step along the way! Not finding what you need? Call 303.871.2150 and our team will get you connected to the resources you need for success!