Our roots stretch back to the 1940’s, when two businesses were formed, each focused on selling plastic sheet and fabricated parts. These small enterprises – Cadillac Plastics, based near Detroit, and Commercial Plastics, founded near Philadelphia – grew steadily over the ensuing decades, adding products, capabilities and services, and opening sales branches throughout North America, to become the two largest distributors in the plastics industry.
In 2000, both companies were purchased by GE Plastics, and became one, taking on the new identity of GE Polymershapes. In 2007, GE Plastics and Polymershapes were acquired by SABIC, a leading global petrochemicals company.
Since then, the people of Polymershapes have continued to broaden our expertise, our portfolio, and our branch network, setting the standards for excellence in the plastics distribution industry.
We are grateful to our customers for choosing Polymershapes, and commit to deliver our industry-leading expertise every day, with every order – assuring our customers have what they need, when and where they need it.