The Summer Internship Award Program through Career & Professional Development is now live and ready for applicants! The Summer Internship Award Program is designed to increase the ability for undergraduate students to participate in internship opportunities that are unpaid. Internships may be on or off the DU campus. The deadline to apply is Friday, April 12th @ 5 pm. Filling out an application will make you eligible for any of the below internships for which you qualify!
The program will award undergraduate students with awards ranging from $2,500-$3,00, depending on the award origin (the Career & Professional Development Award, the Denenberg Family Award (for international internships), or the CAHSS Award).
A Selection Committee will review the applications and essays and will notify students via email to let them know whether or not they have been selected to receive the award.
- Internships must be unpaid and a minimum of 200 hours during the summer of 2024.
- Internships may be on or off the DU campus.
- Students must be undergraduates. Applicants must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Currently enrolled at DU full-time and must maintain their undergraduate status through the summer by registering as a full-time student in the Fall Quarter of 2024.
- If the internship is outside of the U.S., the internship must be registered and approved through DU Passport.
- Students enrolled in a 3/2 or 4/1 graduate program are not eligible if they have started their graduate work.
- In order to give more students the opportunity for funding, previous award recipients of any of the Summer Internship Award Programs noted above are not eligible to apply again.
- University College undergraduates are not eligible.
- It is recommended that students have already accepted and secured a summer internship by the application deadline.
- Students who have not secured an internship by the application deadline may still apply but must be in active pursuit of an internship opportunity. Receipt of the award money will be contingent upon finding a summer internship no later than June 1, 2024.
Taking this internship for academic credit is optional. Students who would like to get academic credit for their internship must meet all eligibility requirements established by their academic department. Students are responsible for finding a faculty advisor in their academic department and obtaining approval to receive academic credit for their internship prior to the start of their internship.
All applications must be submitted through PCO (Pioneer Careers Online) by Friday, April 12th @ 5 pm. To apply please submit the items below. All items must be completed by the deadline in order for your application to be considered. A Selection Committee will review the applications and essays and will notify students via email to let them know whether or not they have been selected to receive the award.
Application Submission Requirements (see below for more detailed information)
- Resume to PCO (Pioneer Careers Online)
- Short Essay to PCO
- Student Information Form via Qualtrics
Click here to access the application: https://du.12twenty.com/job-postings/35006702598631