Interviewing is a skill and preparation is what will help you to stand out. Here are 5 techniques to get ready!
- KNOW YOURSELF: Be ready to discuss your key strengths and abilities that make you the best candidate for the position. Review the job description to know which of your skills to focus on; it does not impress the interviewer when you randomly discuss your talents.
- RESEARCH: Go to the website so that you can learn about the company and the position including its services and history. Also, review their mission/values in order to learn what makes the company unique.
- ALUMNI: Contact alumni that work in the company or the industry. They will be able to provide information about their experience and the company culture. To find alumni go to LinkedIn.
- PRACTICE COMMON/BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS: Google “common interview questions” and “behavioral interview questions.” Practice with a friend or schedule a mock interview with a Career Advisor by calling 303.871. 2150. Also, use Big Interview our online practice tool.
- REVIEW YOUR RESUME: Be ready to discuss AND give relevant examples for experiences listed on your resume.
These 5 interview strategies will help you to stand out at your next interview!
To learn more about interviewing and to schedule an appointment go to Pioneer Careers (see Appointments).