Interviewing is a skill and preparation is what will help you to stand out. Here are 5 techniques to get ready!
- KNOW YOURSELF: Be ready to discuss your key strengths and abilities that make you the best candidate for the position. Review the job description to know which of your skills to focus on; it does not impress the interviewer when you randomly discuss your talents.
- RESEARCH: Go to the website so that you can learn about the company and the position including its services and history. Also, review their mission/values in order to learn what makes the company unique.
- ALUMNI: Contact alumni that work in the company or the industry. They will be able to provide information about their experience and the company culture. To find alumni go to LinkedIn as well as Pioneer Connect–a database of professionals wanting to help DU students.
- PRACTICE COMMON/BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS: Google “common interview questions” and “behavioral interview questions.” Practice with a friend or schedule a mock interview with a Career Advisor by calling 303.871. 2150. Also, use Big Interview our online practice tool.
- REVIEW YOUR RESUME: Be ready to discuss AND give relevant examples for experiences listed on your resume.
These 5 interview strategies will help you to stand out at your next interview!
To learn more about interviewing and to schedule an appointment go to Pioneer Careers (see Appointments).