Wells Fargo is a diverse, vibrant, constantly growing company. The Business Banking Group, part of Wholesale Banking, is one of the company’s four main divisions. We serve small to mid-size businesses that have annual sales of $5 to $20 million. Our more than 100,000 Business Banking Group customers have moderately complex financial services needs that warrant a dedicated business relationship manager (banker) and relationship management team. With 450 locations across the company’s footprint, Business Banking Group provides a comprehensive offering of business lending, cash management, and financial management products and services.
The Wells Fargo Business Banking Group (BBG) Summer Internship Program seeks to attract, develop and retain exceptional college students into BBG. Our goal is to build bench-strength as well as increase our commitment to diversity.
This 10 week, full-time, paid program is ideal for current undergraduates interested in working in a collaborative environment which is focused on providing exceptional client service. Program participants gain a deeper knowledge of the financial services industry through hands-on experience in the fields of business lending, financial analytics, marketing, consulting, and beyond.
Participants will have the opportunity to understand the day-to-day responsibilities of full-time team members, and will gain comprehensive professional and industry experience. Over the course of ten weeks, Interns will gain exposure to senior leaders, attend team member and partner meetings, experience joint calling with bankers, and benefit from coaching and performance feedback sessions. BBG Interns will also participate in community events representing Wells Fargo.
- Prepare credit analysis for presentations
- Monitor and follow up on credit covenants and monitor documentation exceptions
- Attend joint calls with bankers and partners
- Maintain contact with leaders at all levels of the organization including management, team members, individual contributors and vendors
- Provide internal customer service and support
- Consistently learn and understand new systems, applications, processes, work flows and techniques
- Understand and explain credit analysis in clear verbal and/or written communications for management
- Complete program training and required activities, including a project for the local business banking team
- 1+ month of professional experience through internships, part-time, or full-time work
- Candidates are currently enrolled in an accredited college or university undergraduate program majoring in Finance, Financial Management, Accounting, or similar major in a business-related field with a target graduation date of December 2018-May 2019
- Applicants have completed or are in the process of completing at least two basic accounting classes
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry
- Leadership experience
- Financial analysis or accounting experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Experience successfully collaborating with others in a change driven environment
- Prior customer facing work experience
Your Next Step
Summer BBG Interns who successfully complete the program are considered for the Business Banking Credit and Relationship Management Analyst Program. A significant number of interns who work with us during the summer return to Wells Fargo full-time.
Position locations are determined by business need and are tied to the business function. The locations are not flexible and relocation is not available.
For additional information about the BBG Summer Internship and the various businesses of Wells Fargo, please visit: www.wellsfargo.com/myfuture.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions, and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.