Are you happiest when you’re building something?
Do you want to make a real impact at a startup?
Are you ready to join a supportive community of entrepreneurs who are creating jobs in American cities?
Venture for America is seeking college seniors and recent grads who are excited by the opportunity to learn and grow with a startup in one of our 18 cities.
We’re looking for applicants from any academic background who are well-rounded, highly motivated, and community-focused to join our newest class!
Our application consists of an activities submission, written application, a Skype interview, and a full-day in-person interview. You can access the application at ventureforamerica.org/apply. For updates about the deadline, career advice, and VFA news, sign up for our mailing list!
WHO WE ARE:
Venture for America is a two-year fellowship program for recent college graduates interested in entrepreneurship and working in a fast-paced, innovative startup environment. VFA Fellows interview with vetted company partners across 18 U.S. cities with emerging startup ecosystems. After securing the right full-time, salaried job, Fellows train for five weeks with world-class business leaders and entrepreneurs to build the skills they’ll need to succeed in a startup environment and as founders. Throughout the fellowship, they learn how to contribute to a high-growth business and gain access to mentorship, ongoing training, and the nationwide VFA community. When Fellows and alumni are ready to build companies of their own, whenever that may be, VFA provides the resources they need to become entrepreneurs.
Our goal is to help the next generation become leaders capable of launching their own companies, creating opportunities for themselves and others, and adding value to their local communities.
THE FELLOWSHIP TIMELINE:
- Immediately after accepting your offer: Join a close-knit community of talented peers, mentors, and advisors that includes experienced entrepreneurs and industry experts.
- Spring 2018: Find a great job at a startup by pitching to your choice of hundreds of vetted startup opportunities using a platform just for Fellows. The VFA team is there along the way to support you as you craft your resume and pitch companies, helping to ensure you find your team fit.
- June–July 2018: Training Camp. This rigorous five-week training program includes multi-day workshops and group and individual challenges, and features sessions led by Flatiron School, IDEO, McKinsey, and noteworthy entrepreneurs and investors. It’s also a great opportunity to get to know the other Fellows and the VFA team.
- August 2018: Move to the city in which you’ve accepted a job, and begin working at your new company!
- August 2018–July 2020: As you work full-time, follow a robust two-year curriculum with opportunities for ongoing skill and character development, along with events and programs to keep you plugged into the VFA network. Launch projects or ventures of your own using resources, like our annual crowdfunding competition and our $20K Social Enterprise Award for pro-social projects and businesses.
ALUMNI HAVE ACCESS TO:
- VFA Seed Fund: Access to a pool of $1.2M+ in investment annually for launching Fellow-led companies
- VFA Accelerator: A full-time, residential accelerator that helps Fellow founders refine their business models, prepare for meetings with outside investors, and launch their businesses the right way
- VFA alumni network: Opportunities to stay connected through alumni boards, events, on-campus recruitment, mentoring younger Fellows, and more
To revitalize American cities and communities through entrepreneurship.
To enable our best and brightest to create new opportunities for themselves and others.
To restore the culture of achievement to include value-creation, risk and reward, and the common good.
WHERE FELLOWS WORK:
Atlanta, Baltimore, Birmingham, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Denver, Detroit, Kansas City, Miami, Nashville, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Providence, San Antonio, and St. Louis