USA Rugby Mission:
To unite an inclusive, passionate American rugby community and ignite sustainable development that grows a game reflective of our core values and history.
USA Rugby Values:
The Senior Marketing Manager is accountable for implementing and managing the commercial event and membership growth of USA Rugby. Proficient in sports marketing within the event and partner space, the Senior Marketing Manager will drive a comprehensive digital and media marketing plan with the goal of increased event attendance, membership and partnership deliverables.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage and execute the digital marketing needs of USA Rugby -- including social media, SEO and CRM strategy.
- Negotiate and purchase in-market media advertising geared towards the sale of event tickets.
- Strategize and resource marketing assets through both local partners and USA Rugby partners.
- Lead and develop organic digital advertising on USA Rugby social media, website and email database.
- Create and drive marketing of USA Rugby membership initiatives and education courses.
- Execute digital media deliverables for USA Rugby partners and sponsors
- Support in the delivery of USA Rugby broadcast and streaming promotion for national team, club and college events.
- Meet and exceed event sales and marketing KPIs set forth by the VP of Marketing and Communication
- Year over year growth of membership registration and course participation
- Provide end to end coverage and reporting of partner digital media deliverables
- Execute timely marketing plans for 12-month calendar year
- Meet broadcast requirements for USA Rugby and Partner properties
- Marketing and Communications Manager, Development
- Creative Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in operation of digital marketing platforms (Facebook, AdWords, AdRoll, etc)
- Outstanding skills in writing and promotional messaging
- Highly organized and self-motivated to meet and exceed KPIs
- Understanding for media and ad buy negotiation
- Understanding for budget allocation and ad spend
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and support event day operations.
Required Education & Experience:
- 3-5 years of sports and event marketing experience
- Data driven marketing knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, sports management, business or similar field of study.
- 1-3 years of experience in manager role
- Post graduate degree in communication, public relations or marketing
- Several years of experience as a rugby player and/or coach
- Experience in graphic design and web programming