Employer Outreach & Event Coordinator
Do you enjoy helping others? As an Employer Outreach & Event Coordinator you play an important role in the Office of Career and Professional Development. After receiving initial training and on-going support, you will help manage and coordinate employer events, panels and information sessions throughout the year while working in a dynamic department. You will be responsible for identifying employers and/or alumni, communicating and coordinating information and logistics and helping recruit student participation at session. You may also assist in employer development activities and outreaching including, but not limited to, pre and post-event communications with employers by writing correspondence, thank you letters and entering new employer data into our database and assist analyzing employment trends.
You will also act as the main point of contact for the State Department Diplomat in Residence, housed in the Josef Korbel School of International Studies. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and may require database analysis and manipulation to help identify top employer targets and coordinating employer development information with other units at the University as well as post-event analysis. You may also assist the office in general administrative duties, including front desk assistance, reports, and information management.
Hours per week: 15-18
Pay Rate: $17.50 hr.–prefer students who have work-study funds and prefer Josef Korbel or IIC Students
TO APPLY: Please submit cover letter and resume.
1. Experience with outreach to community or professional organizations
2. Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Solid customer service and events planning background.
4. Experience working with students is preferred.
5. Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, consistency, organizational skills, and willingness to work with a high volume of details are essential.
6. Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team. Be resourceful and take initiative.
7. Multitasking and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a strong attention to detail
8. High proficiency in MS Outlook, Word and Excel. Willingness and ability to learn additional program-specific software (Banner, Qualtrics, Twelve twenty)
9. Experience with data base management.
10. Some graphic design/data visualization experience preferred
11. Have a BA degree in communications, international affairs, public policy or related field
Target Between August 1 to August 22
End of academic year
Mira Morton Luna
Primary Contact’s Email
Office of Career and Professional Development, Josef Korbel School