The online MA in Sport Coaching (MASC) program educates and prepares coaches of all sports and levels — as well as strength and conditioning coaches — to enhance athlete, team, or client performance. Students benefit from a comprehensive, flexible and individualized curriculum designed by internationally respected faculty experts in coach education. We offer an ideal blend of coursework in sport sciences and the psychological, sociological and ethical aspects of sport coaching. Our student-coaches engage in interactive, student-centered coursework to gain practical skills for real-world settings.
The Marketing and Design Assistant will provide support to the Digital Marketing & Enrollment Manager in executing marketing strategies and tactics for the online sport coaching programs and traditional psychology programs in the Graduate School of Professional Psychology. The tasks related to this role are primarily done remotely, while still acting as part of a collaborative team.
- Social media content creation and design
- Print and digital ad design
- Digital newsletter design and creation
- CRM/database management
- Support digital marketing/communications strategies for online programs
- Conduct basic research related to marketing strategies
- Related projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and remain organized
- Detail oriented
- Previous experience in at least one area of digital communications (social media, email marketing, newsletter creation, etc.)
- Basic graphic design skills
- Ability to utilize (or ease in learning to use) digital platforms such as social media management tools, CRM database, Canva, MailChimp, etc.
- Ability to work remotely and utilize tools such as Zoom to participate in video meetings with team members and supervisor
- Photoshop and/or advanced graphic design skills are a big plus
- Enthusiasm/knowledge of athletics, sport, coaching, or psychology is a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is eligible for a federal work-study, which requires eligibility through the Financial Aid Office. Students will be paid $15 – 17/hr with the opportunity for yearly increases, dependent on performance.
In compliance with Colorado’s Healthy Families and Workplaces Act (HFWA), non-benefited employees accrue one hour of paid leave for every 30 hours worked up to a maximum of 48 hours per year.
Please submit your resume or CV through PCO or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on August 1, 2021.
When uploading your resume to PCO, please save it as a PDF using this naming format: last name, position title. Example: Stevens, Career Peer Advisor.
Please note all resumes submitted through PCO will go through an automatic review process by the Career & Professional Development staff. While this may take extra time on your part if revisions are needed, it’s to support you in submitting the most competitive application possible. You will not be able to submit your full application until the resume has been reviewed and approved. Please allow at least 3 days before the application deadline for this step. Due to the expected volume of applications, do not wait until right before the deadline to apply as your resume could be delayed in the review process.
To be proactive, check out our website with resume and cover letter samples. Make changes prior to submission. This will increase the likelihood your resume can be pushed through without going through a major overhaul, allowing you to apply to student employment positions quickly. For help with this process, contact email@example.com.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law. We welcome applications from underrepresented communities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check. These are required for all part-time, full-time and student employee hires.