Entrepreneurship@DU gives students the freedom and the space to explore their interests, passions and purpose. We encourage our students and provide the support to think big, disrupt, solve problems and make an impact.
The student Marketing Assistant will support entrepreneurship@DU faculty and staff members in carrying out specific projects, such as providing marketing assistance, posting on social media platforms, writing articles and becoming an ambassador for the entrepreneurship programs to students, faculty, staff and community members. The Marketing Assistant may be assigned to one or more tasks related to various different projects and ongoing programs entrepreneruship@DU offers.
· Create marketing materials for E@DU programming and events
· Develop new and relevant postings for social media platforms
· Write and submit articles and stories for E@DU newsletter
· Prepare marketing materials for events and online platforms
· Provide in-person and/or virtual assistance to faculty and staff as needed
· Suggest and create new marketing projects and materials that would benefit the program
· Provide assistance in other areas of the departments as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Academic and/or work experience related to various social media platforms and devices
· Experience in journalism and writing
· Experience in graphic design and photoshop
· Current DU undergraduate or graduate student, located in the Denver area
· Must be willing to complete tasks on-campus and virtually
· Strong interest marketing
Supervision & Training
Marketing Assistant will receive training from staff and faculty members. Marketing Assistant will receive 1:1 meeting to focus on professional development.
Compensation and Benefits
This position does not require a work-study award. Students will be paid $15/hr with the opportunity for yearly increases, dependent on performance.
In compliance with Colorado’s Healthy Families and Workplaces Act (HFWA), non-benefited employees accrue one hour of paid leave for every 30 hours worked up to a maximum of 48 hours per year.
Please submit your resume or CV through PCO by 11:59pm on June 20, 2021.
When uploading your resume to PCO, please save it as a PDF using this naming format: last name, position title. Example: Stevens, Career Peer Advisor.
Please note all resumes submitted through PCO will go through an automatic review process by the Career & Professional Development staff. While this may take extra time on your part if revisions are needed, it’s to support you in submitting the most competitive application possible. You will not be able to submit your full application until the resume has been reviewed and approved. Please allow at least 3 days before the application deadline for this step. Due to the expected volume of applications, do not wait until right before the deadline to apply as your resume could be delayed in the review process.
To be proactive, check out our website with resume and cover letter samples. Make changes prior to submission. This will increase the likelihood your resume can be pushed through without going through a major overhaul, allowing you to apply to student employment positions quickly. For help with this process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law. We welcome applications from underrepresented communities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check. These are required for all part-time, full-time and student employee hires.