Full Job Description
The Division of Athletics & Recreation at the University of Denver is currently seeking part-time camp coaches for its youth activities programs. Programs include the summer P.A.S.S. Camp program, year-round day camp programs and a variety of instructional sport offerings.
Facilitate youth programming activities at the Ritchie Center and the University of Denver campus, including Learn Gymnastics Camp (summer) and instructional sport programs.
- Support the division of Athletics and Recreation in the execution of its youth programming opportunities.
- Provide recreational (beginner – USAG Level 3) gymnastics instruction
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Provide excellent customer service for all Ritchie Center participants and customers.
- Recognize and respond effectively and efficiently to emergencies.
- Help maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Gymnastics knowledge, background and experience required
- 1+ year gymnastics instruction experience preferred
- American Red Cross CPR/First Aid/AED Certification, or willingness to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED certification.
- Employees working in licensed child care programs will be required to complete additional background checks as required by Colorado child care licensing (paid for by the University of Denver).
Part-time, hours will vary depending upon position. General schedule options:
M-F 8:00 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
M-F 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
M-F 12:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Flexible/variable schedules available within stated hours.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
Compensation and Benefits
This position is eligible for a federal work-study, which requires eligibility through the Financial Aid Office. This position is also open to non-work study funded students. Students will be paid $14.77 – 20/hr with the opportunity for yearly increases, dependent on performance.
In compliance with Colorado’s Healthy Families and Workplaces Act (HFWA), non-benefited employees accrue one hour of paid leave for every 30 hours worked up to a maximum of 48 hours per year.
Please submit your resume or CV and cover letter through PCO by 11:59pm on July 15, 2021.
When uploading your resume to PCO, please save it as a PDF using this naming format: last name, position title. Example: Stevens, Career Peer Advisor.
Please note all resumes submitted through PCO will go through an automatic review process by the Career & Professional Development staff. While this may take extra time on your part if revisions are needed, it’s to support you in submitting the most competitive application possible. You will not be able to submit your full application until the resume has been reviewed and approved. Please allow at least 3 days before the application deadline for this step. Due to the expected volume of applications, do not wait until right before the deadline to apply as your resume could be delayed in the review process.
To be proactive, check out our website with resume and cover letter samples. Make changes prior to submission. This will increase the likelihood your resume can be pushed through without going through a major overhaul, allowing you to apply to student employment positions quickly. For help with this process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.