CU Conference Services encourages applications for a Conference Specialist! Conference Specialist responsible for the logistical planning, organizing, and executing of conferences/events through CU Conference Services. The position will include technical expertise to implement online services such as registration and/or abstract management, and virtual conference and meeting production. This position will represent the Division of Student Affairs (SA) and the University of Colorado Boulder to clients, organizers, and participants for conferences affiliated with the University of Colorado. This is a full-time professional exempt position.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
CU Conference Services (CUCS) creates a conference experience unique to the needs of your participants. With the resources of a top-tier public research university and an experienced staff, we provide unparalleled service.
For each conference, CUCS assigns an individual conference specialist who arranges all of the logistics from start to finish, providing ongoing assistance throughout each program. CUCS prides itself in its extensive knowledge of conference planning and university operations, and we strive to provide exceptional service for all of our guests.
CUCS provides a full range of ‘one stop shop’ event and meeting management services, reducing the need for contracting with multiple offices on campus, in the Boulder area, or beyond. As an award-winning green venue we pride ourselves in offering sustainable solutions to your meeting needs.
What We Can Offer
- Starting salary is $50,000 annually.
- Onboarding assistance is available within Student Affairs guidelines.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree. Preference will be given to degrees in business, hotel management, commercial recreation, tourism, hospitality, or related field.
- Three years of progressive experience in a hotel, association, or university conference office setting with responsibilities in the areas of conference coordination, registration and/or abstract management.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends in support of conferences and/or campus events.
To apply, please submit the following materials online at: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Conference-Specialist/45611
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by February 5, 2023, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants