Here’s how to go from hitting the books to changing the world.
Begin your career at UnitedHealth Group and you’ll get an opportunity to do something extraordinary with your first job out of college: Make a real difference by being part of a company that helps 85 million people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it.
Such aspirations attract a certain type of person - Crazy talented. Brilliant. Compassionate. Driven. You’ll find these people everywhere you turn here. You’ll also find a world of career options fueled by your performance and limited only by imagination. Start here. And start doing your life’s best work.
Consider the influence you can have on the quality of care for millions of people. Now, enhance that success with enthusiasm you can really feel. Great sales are the result of a strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product.
UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products through two distinct platforms; United HealthCare (health benefits) and Optum (health services) At United HealthCare Medicare & Retirement, we serve the fastest growing segment of our nation's population – 50 and older. And we're doing it with an intense amount of dedication. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of our 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to strengthen our health care system.
We offer a growth-based culture with extraordinary opportunities and succeed by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors.
**This full-time position will be available starting June 2019**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer relocation assisting for this position**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
- Participate in a sales development program that will accelerate your career with a company that will help you learn new skills and foster your continued growth.
- Collaborate with experienced professionals, mentors, and sales leaders.
- Build relationships within a close knit community of peers involved in the development program to expand your network.
- Development program is curriculum based and structured.
- Drive sales/enrollments through effective handling of all telephone inquiries from prospects & members interested in the UnitedHealthcare Medicare Solutions, with the intent of enrolling consumers in optimal plan(s)/product(s).
- Convert inbound calls to sales.
- Manage outbound calls and special campaign initiatives for assigned region.
- Conduct needs analysis across diverse consumer population.
- Sell across multiple product set.
- Generate leads to optimal sales channel
- Participate in an 18 month Development Program that will provide a structured curriculum and on-the-job sessions that will expose you to broad skills, tools and functional departments within the Sales & Distribution Organization. Approximately 25% of time will be dedicated to structured learning that will afford you the opportunity to:
- Gain industry knowledge.
- Enhance communication and presentation skills.
- Review reporting practices and utilize analytical skills.
- Learn and understand different work styles.
- Formalize individual development plans.
- Learn and live our corporate culture and values.
- Access a very comprehensive repository of online self-development tools and resources.
- Currently in final year of obtaining a bachelor’s degree (or obtained degree within the past 12 months from an accredited college/university. Degree must be obtained prior to start of employment.
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Must have, or be able to obtain all appropriate state licenses within 14 days of start date
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered).
- Must be willing to travel – Less than 20% of the time
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and presentation skills; able to work with team members and all levels within an organization
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, including ability to learn new and complex computer systems and apply to phone and off phone activity.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment