Title: Field Project Engineer
Reports To: General Superintendent
Location: Construction Site(s)
The Field Project Engineer role is responsible for supporting the General Superintendent and Field Construction team to successfully execute and manage on-site activities required for a successful project completion to all applicable projects. This position works in unison with site-specific teams to support the completion of onsite duties, identify and troubleshoot obstacles and escalate accordingly to the General Superintendent in order to execute a successful project. Tasks include a range of duties including site maintenance, subcontractor observation, punch list creation and other duties as assigned.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, assist and communicate with the General Superintendent to help the overall success of the project.
- Travel to applicable project sites as directed by the General Superintendent to ensure progress, quality, and field team is equipped to complete the project as expected.
- Actively worksite tasks as delegated to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget and with quality workmanship that conforms to the plans and specifications.
- Learn, become familiar with, and utilize company’s software. Current software includes Procore and Microsoft Project.
- Identify potential issues and solve problems or provide realistic solutions for issue or problem(s) to the General Superintendent.
- Coordinate and schedule required municipal inspections as it pertains to local municipality.
- Inspect contracted work to ensure compliance with contract agreements and all applicable local jurisdictions.
- Maintain positive relationships with all Garrett Companies Personnel, design team, contractors, suppliers, subcontractors, utility companies, and all applicable municipal representatives.
- Demonstrate commitment to Injury-Free Environment through own actions, mentoring others while on-site and in the office, and assist to rectify any job site hazards immediately.
- Obtain, understand, submit, and organize Transmittals, Correspondence Log, RFIs, Change Requests, Submittals, Commitment’s and Commitment Change Orders, O&M documents, drawing log, and drawing revisions. Immediately provide site with all drawing revisions.
- Maintain organized project-specific electronic and paper files.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Construction and/or related field or 3-5 years’ experience in the construction industry.
- Must be consistently detail-oriented.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to recognize personal shortcomings.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to listen and understand intents and goals.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from experience in working with customer services, internal teams, and 3rd party consultants.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges.
Pre-Prerequisites (these are the most important items):
- Positive attitude.
- Relentless problem-solving skills.
- Will never claim the work of others as their own.
- We are trendsetters and standards breakers. Our intent is to consistently surprise our audiences by being excellent.
- Ability to anticipate.
- Understanding the difference between causation and correlation.
- We are all broom pushers. Every member of our team is willing to work and support at all levels.
Initial Training and Orientation:
- Garrett Companies Onboarding Program.
- Additional Training through Edge2Learn and other opportunities.
- Membership to professional organizations and continuing education is supported by The Garrett Companies.
- Company specific.