We believe that cultivating a deeper sense of loyalty and belonging is key to how we attract and retain our best people. By embracing our diverse experiences and views, we are better positioned to deliver results, create innovations that matter, and thrive in today’s changing world. This reality inspires our Inclusion & Diversity vision, We Are More Together, and guides our approach as we all work toward creating great places where our teams work and thrive.
We are seeking interns for our Mainstream Portfolio team at Tektronix this Fall to gain product line application engineer experience. This team focuses on the highest revenue segment of a greater than $1B market, in an interesting and dynamic segment, with numerous opportunities to work closely with our customers as they pursue innovation and to support our growth.
As a Tek Intern, you will have the opportunity to work with a group of creative and dedicated Engineers who make test and measurement equipment that enables all of today’s technological advancements to occur. You will be working on business-critical work in supporting product enhancement and marketing work in line with our global strategy, while getting mentorship and support from Senior Engineers, Business Leaders, SME’s and Mentors who have produced award winning, leading edge oscilloscope products.
Tek Interns are a critical part of the future of Tektronix and technology. Join our program this year for opportunities to network, learn, and build your future in engineering. Because this position is part of our future growth, there is a possibility that the intern in this role will convert to a full-time position immediately after the internship concludes.
This internship may be 3 months or 6 months in length, depending on candidate’s availability.
- Content creation – Create product content to enable the business to win in the marketplace. Content can include training videos, web content, and competitive positioning information.
- Voice of the Customer – Assist in resolving customer problems/projects
- Technical support – Support pre-sales and post-sales activities working with sales, field applications engineers and customers
- Technical training – Support technical training content on product offerings and competitive value propositions for internal sales associates & field application engineers
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate Engineering program at an accredited University
- Minimum of 2 years in an engineering program such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills with both internal and external customers.
- Good technical documentation skills
- Teamwork – Has ability to work well in a team to tackle complex challenges.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete complex tasks in a timely manner.
- Applicable technical skills like:
- C++, Python, C#
- Software Security
- Signal Processing
- Embedded systems, FPGAs
- Basic analog design
- Experience with oscilloscopes, creating and delivering training and training material, creating and delivering customer presentations