Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Skadden) has forged a reputation as one of the most prestigious law firms in the world by relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity to deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients’ legal issues. By relying on innovation, intellect, teamwork and tenacity, our lawyers deliver the highest quality advice and novel solutions to our clients’ legal issues. We are recognized as a global powerhouse for complex transactions, litigation/controversy issues, and regulatory matters, as well as for the open, collaborative relationships we build with clients. Our attorneys, who reflect diverse backgrounds and perspectives, collaborate seamlessly across 50-plus practices and 21 offices in the world’s major financial centers.
We are seeking 2 Conference Services & Events Coordinators to join our Firm. The positions will be based in our New York City office and are 100% in-office. There are 2 Conference Services & Events Coordinator positions available each with a different shift. The 1st is: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and the 2nd is: Monday – Friday 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Responsible for sourcing, contracting, planning and providing on-site and/or remote support for:
- Meetings in our 60-room state-of-the-art conference center.
- Off-site events at venues in New York City, the U.S. and abroad
- Virtual meetings & events
- Works with service providers (F&B, Facilities Management, and A/V) to ensure all events are seamless and successful. The ability to learn and operate basic A/V equipment is a plus.
- Provides a high level of customer service and establish effective working relationships with clients, attorneys, practice group managers, and other firm departments in order to meet and exceed the expectations for their events.
- Builds and maintains databases for service providers (hotels, venues, restaurants, florists, etc.).
- Researches and creates air-lift studies for domestic and international events.
- Provides recommendations based on the stakeholders’ needs and the Firm’s budget guidelines.
- Ability to learn/operate CVENT event software and EMS conference room booking software.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective working relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understands Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint & Webex), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations
- Demonstrates close attention to details
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently and exercise sound judgement
- Flexibility to travel domestically
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of two years related experience
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly-hired personnel in the United States must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/other protected categories). For more information, please visit Skadden.com/careers.