Seigneur Gustafson LLP (“SG”) offers a premier internship to qualifying graduate students in the Fall, Winter/Spring and Summer semesters in the professional areas of accounting and finance. Interns are considered important team members at SG and, over the duration of their role with our firm, make substantial impacts on the businesses we serve. We offer extremely flexible schedules to accommodate class and extra-curricular commitments, consistent partner contact, a potential long-term role with the firm, and a diversity of experience.
Accounting & Audit Interns can expect to participate in tax preparation, audit, tax strategy analysis, administration, or myriad other hands-on mandates. In addition, they receive up to four hours per month of personalized, in-depth training and professional developing in the areas of accounting, finance and management which includes valuation methods, excel power user tips and tricks, tax and audit practices, business strategy and more. Continuous learning is just one of our core tenants of culture; we have a fun office culture but also strive for excellence in everything we do.
Internship responsibilities are malleable depending on major/program, experience, company need and intern interest. In general, the functions in our Accounting & Audit internship are categorized into the following two disciplines:
- Accounting, Audit and Tax
- Input prior years’ tax information for new clients
- W2/1099 preparation
- Personal property declaration
- Input of simple returns
- Enter trial balances and match
- Scan all documents with collations and bookmarks
- File loose papers and folders
- Communicate with staff, office manager and partners to assure accuracy and smooth workflow processes
- Assist in other projects as necessary
- Marketing and Firm Development
- Write white papers and articles for website, email blasts, social media, etc.
- Assist in research for academic/industry publications
- Support inbound client onboarding as needed
- Participate in marketing events as needed
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in business, accounting, finance, mathematics, computer science, or other related discipline
- No experience is required but candidates with related experience will receive favorable consideration
- Required: extreme attention to detail, general business acumen
- Preferred: working understanding of GAAP
- Desire to learn more in accounting, finance and consulting professions
- GPA: minimum 3.3 overall (3.5 in major/program)
- $18-$22/hour depending on prior work and internship experience – includes 2 hours of paid training on Friday mornings
- Permanent inclusion on our company webpage
- Highlighted on our email marketing blasts (received by over 5,000 managers in Colorado and across the US)
- Send us your resume and cover letter describing your interest in accounting, finance and/or consulting and what you hope to learn from this internship
- If selected, you will be contacted for an interview
- Nominated candidates will be given a case study to complete within one week from the date of the interview
- Final candidates will be onboarded at our office in Lakewood, Colorado
Please direct resumes and cover letters to David.Purinton@cpavalue.com. We look forward to hearing from you!