Start Your Career in Healthcare with ScribeAmerica! No Previous Experience Required!
- Weekday schedule with flexibility!
- This clinical opportunity is perfect for pre-health students interested in exploring the medical field!
- Urgent Hiring Needs! Now Hiring!
- Get experience working in Hospitals, Emergency Departments or Outpatient clinics!
- This is a year round position permanent position. At this time we do not offer summer only positions.
Joining ScribeAmerica’s team as a Scribe will be one of the most impactful and rewarding experiences of your life. A Scribe is on the “front-line” of healthcare, serving as an integral member of the care team and acting as a physician’s personal efficiency partner. While a Scribe does not perform clinical work (e.g., does not touch patients, does not practice medicine), s/he is completely immersed in the healthcare ecosystem by standing elbow-to-elbow with a physician or nurses for 8+ hours each day.
Whether it’s helping you gain entrance into medical/nursing school, giving you priceless advice and insight, or just leading by example as a consummate professional, your partnering physician will profoundly affect your future as a healthcare professional. Your Scribe experience—the people you meet, the relationships you develop, the encounters you witness— will change your life! Don’t wait, apply to be a Scribe today!
- Offers one-on-one time with physicians and other healthcare providers
- Exposure to an emergency, inpatient, or outpatient environment
- Observe a wide variety of cases from trauma to pediatrics
- Develop lasting relationships with your partnering physicians with the potential for letters of recommendation
- Paid training to all hired employees that provides a crash course in medicine including terminology, disease processes, procedures, medications, medical decision making, and more
- Great alternative career for those of CNA, MA, EMT, or Paramedic backgrounds
- Flexible scheduling for college students
As a scribe you will:
- accompany the healthcare provider into patient examination rooms in order to transcribe the patient’s history, physical exam findings, consultations, labs, X-rays, and other evaluations, as stated by the provider, directly into the medical record
- Prepare plans for follow-up care, as directed by the provider
- Process admitted and discharge paperwork
- Provide advanced support to providers, including documenting phone calls, alerting the physician with labs/radiology reports are complete, grabbing faxes, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The minimum availability required for our medical scribe position is 2 shifts per week; shifts range from 8 to 12 hours long*
- It is the Company’s hope that this will be a long-term position.* This is not intended to be a seasonal position
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a passion for medicine and a desire to grow
- Must be adaptable and be willing to take constructive criticism
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate a computer and/or laptop through proficient typing, clicking, and viewing a monitor for extended periods
- Ability to type at least 60 words per minute preferred
- Ability to move about and follow a healthcare provider for extended periods of time
- Ability to read, write, comprehend through listening, and speak fluent English
- Must have a computer or access to a computer for virtual/online training
- Background in pre-health sciences, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, kinesiology, or other similar field preferred. No previous clinical experience required.
*Any potential employment with the Company is at-will. Nothing within this document/application, nor any Company policy or statements should be considered a commitment to employment for any definite period of time, and scheduling, hours worked, and project assignment(s), etc. may change based on business needs.”
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Denver, CO: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you currently attending or have graduated from a college/university? (Yes/No) If yes, please provide the name of your school.
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations