The Program Intern role offers an exciting opportunity to work with an organization that is at the leading edge of practical domestic microfinance work. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented individual interested in community development, nonprofit management, outreach, and micro-enterprise to be part of a committed and professional team. Approximately 25% (4-5 hours) of the position will be focused on community outreach, 10% (1-2 hours) on program events, 15% (2-3 hours) on microfinance education and lending, and 50% (10 hours) on administrative program department support.
What You’ll Learn
Upon successful completion of the internship, you’ll be able to:
- Understand RMMFI educational programs, mentorship programs, and microfinance lending processes
- Use a CRM to track and report client and program data
- Plan and support the facilitation of community events (pitch night, retros, graduations) and special workshops
- Help aspiring entrepreneurs navigate and apply for RMMFI’s programs
- Conduct entrepreneur outreach for workshops, markets, and educational programs
RMMFI is a business incubator and financing program focused on reimagining social and economic mobility. This internship is an opportunity to join us as we help build community wealth through strategic investments in people and businesses. RMMFI puts its entrepreneurs first in all that we do while striving to be an energetic and creative workplace that cares about the work we do and the people who do it.
In the past 12 years, RMMFI has helped launch 270+ local small businesses through our Business Launch Boot Camp and provided over 250 micro-loans to graduates. More information about RMMFI can be found at www.rmmfi.org.
Who We’re Looking For
Our team members are enthusiastic about our mission and have excellent people, writing, and organizational skills. We look for individuals who:
- Have a demonstrable affinity with RMMFI’s vision and values
- Have empathy and a desire to work with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Are well organized, accurate, and creative problem solvers
- Enjoy a collaborative work environment
- Are flexible and curious
- Bilingual Spanish speakers preferred
How to Apply
Please send a resume and a cover letter explaining what attracts you to RMMFI and why you think you’d be a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Intern” as the subject.