Full Job Description
Perform basic level tasks as required to develop good understanding of company methods, standards, and available resources within a certain field.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review existing drill floor equipment with a view to redesigning for use in hands free and/or automated pipe handling and drilling.
- Conduct research on robotic hardware and software technologies to create new robotic systems or system capabilities.
- Conduct research into effective, optimized path planning with advanced collision detection and/collision avoidance algorithms.
- Participate in initial equipment conceptual ideas and development, specifications, and control requirements, for hands free and automated pipe handling and drilling, such as mobile omni-directional robots.
- Research, assess, and where necessary design software and hardware systems for electromechanical equipment or systems, and advanced displays, advanced sensing, robotic platforms, computer vision.
- Research, assess, and where necessary design software and hardware systems for robotic applications related to the drilling industry pipe-handling activities using robotic platforms, open source or commercial.
- Introduce automated equipment and processes into oil and gas pipe handling and drilling, training aftermarket personnel to support after deployment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently in an Engineering Bachelors Degree Program
- Well organized and self-driven
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact as part of a multidiscipline team with customers, vendors, and field operational staff to gather information required for analysis and support
- Effective time management
- Can-do attitude
- Introductory e xperience with dynamic system analysis, feedback control systems (PID Control, MFA)
- Introductory experience with software such as Simulink, R, MATLAB Machine Learning Toolbox.
- Familiarity with microcontrollers, PLC, sensor technology, machine vision, 3D sensors and associated
- Familiarity with robotics toolkits like ROS, and interfacing them to PLCs or other micor controllers.