Reports to: Department Manager / Property Manager / Chief Operating Officer
Positions: Four - Six
Purpose: The Rotational Analyst position will introduce the incumbent to several internal departments providing an integrated view of how Monarch operates. The Rotational Analyst will understand how each department interacts and will possess the experience, skills and abilities necessary to coordinate with any department and any role. We’re seeking hardworking, self-motivated candidates with strong academic backgrounds and possess a natural passion for real estate.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. On-Site Property Management: Duties may include, but not limited to the following:
- Working daily with the leasing staff tackling day-to-day duties which may include accounting for and posting accounts receivables, procurement of leases for new and renewing tenants, implement customer service efforts, managing delinquent tenants, interface with property management software (i.e. Yardi), implement marketing efforts, creating work orders and managing schedules for maintenance staff, financial review, etc.
- Shadowing and aiding maintenance staff which may include responding to and completing work orders, ‘turns’ of vacated units, preparation for HUD inspections, collaborate with third-party vendors, etc. You may be asked to physically complete maintenance related duties, e.g. painting of units, debris removal, grounds keeping and repairs/replacement of the following: electrical, plumbing lines, plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, appliances, etc.
2. Database and Reporting Department: Duties may include, but not limited to the following:
- Periodic and/or adhoc reporting of the following reports: companywide reports including collections, weekly (Monday) report summaries, cash cushion reports, renewal and property performance reports, etc.
- Maintaining investor data within our accounting database (Yardi), as well as basic accounting tasks
- Coordinating organizational structure on new, refinanced and existing assets
- Specific projects meant to improve overall knowledge of company operations
3. Market Research, Review and Reporting: Duties may include, but not limited to the following:
- Create market condition reports on markets where Monarch has existing assets, as well as new regions
- Procure and review CoStar and other reporting agency reports to evaluate and determine trending, current and forecasted market conditions favorable for multifamily investment
- Review market comps. on existing properties and compare Monarch’s performance to overall market
4. Accounting Department: Duties may include, but not limited to the following:
- Assist in the preparation and review of periodic reports for investors and management
- Develop and maintain a variety of spreadsheets, databases and/or other systems to track performance and compliance with general business operations
- Respond to specific request or from asset/regional managers and accounting staff for adhoc analysis or custom report development
- General day-to-day accounting and clerical related work
5. Marketing Department: Duties may include, but not limited to the following:
- Analyze digital and print materials being used at communities and make recommendations
- Conduct website audits and update website content as needed
- Assist with all reputation management projects as needed
- Become familiar with Yardi Marketing related programs such as CRM, Rent Café, etc.
6. Analyst to Multiple Asset Managers: Duties may include, but not limited to the following:
- Analyze property financials for abnormalities and trends
- Work with regional and/or on-site management staff to analyze and make any necessary suggestions for more efficient operational processes
- Provide financial/operating/market data analysis to support operations and identify opportunities to maximize value
- Identify and analyze the major risks affecting an investment opportunity; exercise discretion and independent judgment relating to significant property management matters
- May be given multiple specific tasks by any asset manager, e.g. the refinance to a green loan program requires the asset to save energy/water consumption by 20% or more. Thus, coordinate with vendors and on-site staff to implement water (or energy) consumption by 20% by installing low-flow plumbing fixtures (i.e. shower-heads, aerators, commodes, etc.).
Supervisory Responsibilities: Duties may include, but not limited to train(ing) and/or supervise(ing):
- Forthcoming Rotational Analysts regarding elementary aspects of a particular rotation in which the incumbent is nearing completion or has already completed
- Seasonal interns regarding site-staff operations and/or elementary aspects of a particular rotation in which the incumbent is nearing completion or has already completed
- The initiation and completion of contract work conducted by third-party vendors
- The maintenance of the schedule for portfolio-wide roving maintenance crew(s) at various properties
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required (unless otherwise noted):
- General interest in real estate investment and management
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, real estate, management or related field
- 0-3 years of job and/or internship experience in a related field
- Familiarity with Yardi accounting/property management software preferred
- Self-motivated individual who is detail-oriented, has strong organizational skills
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in data analysis and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to develop, maintain and foster relationships at the site level, as well as corporate level employees and departments
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- For approximately one-month, work with on-site maintenance staff and perform maintenance related duties. The remaining 11(+) months will consist of an office work environment.
- Be willing to reside on-site for approx. 3-consecutive months; you will be given an apartment unit.
- Travel for the first-year may be a possibility, but advance notice will be given
- Must be able to work independently at times
- Working conditions are normal for a fast-paced office work environment
Material and Equipment Directly used but not limited to:
- Computer, copier, printer, scanner, fax machine
- MS Office Suite, PDFs, YARDI software
- GoToMeeting, Skype and other digital conferencing required
- Cell phone
- Contingent upon existing professional and/or internship experience.
Applicants are subject to drug testing, criminal history, employment history, and credit check.
When applicable: Applicants must have valid driver’s license and driver license report will be run.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by their supervisor. Nothing in this job description shall create or is intended to create, or shall be construed to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied. Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.