Position Title: Vice President, Community Impact
Status: Exempt, full-time
Location: 711 Park Ave W., Denver, CO 80205
How You’ll Help
Under the guidance of the Chief Impact Officer, the Vice President, Community Impact will lead the work of the Community Impact Division to improve outcomes for individuals, families and the community. This position will collaboratively develop and implement a community impact plan to ensure that investments, grantmaking, and programs are effective and achieve the goals of the organization and deepen the organization’s impact in the community. The Vice President, Community Impact will develop a framework that monitors and communicates progress towards the established goals.
- Lead members of the Community Impact Division team in the development of long-term community-wide goals and indicators. This includes providing leadership, strategic vision and direction for the investment of financial and non-financial resources to improve outcomes for children, youth, individuals and families while achieving community level change
- Design and implement high performing programs and initiatives that demonstrate measurable community impact. Such programs will include those focused on youth exiting the child welfare system, small business development within under-resourced communities, and community resource and referral operations
- Oversee the organization’s grants and partnership awards, including grant proposals, agency due diligence, site visits, agency reporting, and outcome evaluation
- Recommend to management and the Board of Trustees the allocation of grant budgets to meet the goals of the organization
- Provide strong leadership and direction to Mile High United Way staff and partner agencies to develop a results-driven culture and build capacity to use performance and results data to assess strategies and engage in an ongoing improvement effort
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with community partners across sectors (policy leaders, service providers, service recipients, funder partners, local governments, schools and community advocates), to understand current community needs, trends, and resource development efforts
- Oversee and manage all budget, contract and grant compliance
- Provide direction to staff to seek out “best practices” for achievement of results of the Mile High United Way Initiatives
- Coordinate with the development team on priority funding areas and requests to donors to support program areas
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Communications department on programmatic materials and data being distributed in the community
- Work closely with evaluation to ensure Mile High United Way is maximizing impact
- Maintain strong relationships with key partners and represent MHUW at professional and community events, in a leadership role
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Health Services Administration, Business Administration or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of proven success in an executive leadership role; philanthropic, nonprofit, government or social service organization.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience.
Special Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of working within under-resourced communities and leading approaches that address complex social issues.
- Experience in strategic planning, development, implementation and evaluation of complex programs and initiatives.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing, leading and managing multidisciplinary teams
- Exceptional partnership and relationship management, networking, and team building skills, with proven ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds to accomplish common goals
- Demonstrated understanding of systems building through policy, programs and community partnerships.
- Thorough understanding of state and local government and foundation roles within community priorities.
- Effective, articulate, and persuasive public speaking and presentation skills
- Deep knowledge of Metro Denver including community-specific issues and needs
- Fundraising and donor relations knowledge
- Adept at creating a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Analyzes problems by evaluating available information and resources; develops effective, viable solutions to problems which can help drive the effectiveness of the department and/or the organization.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Salesforce experience a plus
Working Environment: Typical office environment with outside meetings as necessary, some travel required. Flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed.
Physical Activities: Ability to provide personal transportation.
Ready to join the fight? If you are on Mile High United Way’s website, you can apply by completing the information in the “Apply Now” box. If you’re on a job board, you can apply through the job board or by visiting the Careers page of our website.
This posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
Due to the high volume of people who apply, we are not able to respond to specific inquiries regarding your application status.
Mile High United Way is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants who have disabilities which hinder their ability to complete the application process. Please contact us at 303-433-8383 to request accommodation in the application process.
We use e-Verify to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.