Full Job Description
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Reports To: SVP, Operations & Services
Location: Hybrid in either Syracuse, NY or Deerfield, IL
Date: November 2022
For 40+ years, Meridian IT has been helping medium and enterprise businesses solve their complex technical IT problems. Through a unique strategic perspective, deep expertise, and a personalized proactive approach, Meridian IT is the top IT solutions provider in the industry.
Offering best-in-class cloud, hybrid, and on-premises data storage solutions, backup and recovery solutions, security solutions, hyperconverged infrastructure, contact center solutions, flexible pricing models and award-winning managed services, Meridian IT works with each client to create a customized plan to help solve their IT obstacles.
Meridian IT is part of Meridian Group International. Meridian Group International is a privately held organization headquartered in Deerfield, IL. Operating since 1979, Meridian Group International is a leading IT service provider and equipment leasing and finance company across 4 continents.
MeridianIT is seeking a Financial Analyst that has strong technical, management, and communication skills along with a strong desire to perform as an advisor and partner with the finance and executive team, in order to create value across all lines of business. The right candidate will have demonstrated a strong analytical mind, and an ability to effectively communicate with financial and non-financially minded leaders to support the Company’s attainment of long-term strategic and annual operational goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership across the organization with insightful and impactful analysis and reporting, helping drive company-wide growth and improved efficiency;
- Support the executive team with reporting and analytics to improve management and oversight of credit, treasury, collections and tax functions;
- Work closely with the executive team and Controller to improve monthly reporting processes and presentations to lenders, the Board, Business Unit leaders and other internal management groups;
- Manage financial modeling function to support investment decisions, corporate finance functions, and potential M&A evaluation;
- Work with cross functional teams of internal programmers, Business Unit sales and operations management and finance and accounting members to develop internal reports and dashboard to improve KPI visibility and timely data generation needed to optimize decision making processes;
- Generate various weekly, monthly and custom reports and analysis to support various initiatives and management decisions;
- Work closely with IT and Operational Accounting teams to improve data management and reporting functions;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 3-5 years of experience in Financial Analysis, Investment Banking or similar experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience (MBA Preferred);
- Superb financial analysis and modeling skills and overall business acumen;
- Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively communicate with Executive Management;
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge of business operations and familiarity with ERP, CRM and other operating and management systems (Epicor, Salesforce, MS Dynamics and LeaseWave preferred);
- Requires strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites.
Meridian Group International, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.