Why We’re Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people’s lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You’re here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It’s what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We’re Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you – with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality – is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That’s what we seek out and celebrate. It’s people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don’t need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others’ lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that’s a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you’ll feel it too.
What You’ll Do
Provide guests with quality customer service by demonstrating excellent knowledge of all menu items. Serve food and beverages to guests in a punctual, courteous, efficient and accurate manner. You’ll act as an advocate for the restaurant, be a creator of ridiculously personal experiences, and develop relationships with guests that will compel them to return.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Provide support and assistance when possible to your team while keeping all areas clean, dry and safe for your coworkers.
- Greet and welcome our guests and promptly attend to tables.
- Receive and take guest orders, process in POS system quickly and accurately.
- Prepare and serve meal accompaniments to guests.
- Learn and maintain product knowledge of the food, wine, and beverage menu(s), as well as general restaurant knowledge.
- Ensure that guests have an enjoyable and memorable experience, if there are any complaints relay them to management.
- Perform sidework.
- Open bottled wine for guests (wine service).
- Perform setup and breakdown of various stations (i.e. deli, dessert, coffee, espresso).
- Assist with setting and bussing tables, taking to-go orders, seating guests, and answering phones as needed.
- Attend all company and restaurant required trainings and meetings.
- Maintain constant communication with support staff and management.
- We all wear multiple hats here at Kimpton. You may need to take on responsibilities outside of this job post, as we all do.
What You Bring
- 1 year of experience in a similar or supportive role is preferred.
- Food Handler and Alcohol Awareness Certifications (if applicable).
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Able to learn, retain, and present product, menu, and allergy information to guests.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the restaurant POS system is required.
- Must be able to calculate the accurate bill amount and use proper credit card and money handling skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Passion for crafting and personalizing guest experiences.
- Highly motivated and flexible with the ability to take initiative.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when needed.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.
Starting Rate: $11.75 per hour
Bonus: Not Eligible
Benefits: If you’re a full-time employee, averaging 30 or more paid hours per week, you will be eligible to participate in Kimpton’s health and welfare plans (medical, dental, vision, disability, and life benefits) after 60 days employment. All employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program (with employer match) after 6 months of service. Hotel employees are also eligible for vacation days, and employees start accruing on their first day at a rate of two weeks per year, and are eligible to take approved vacation after 90 days. All Hotel employees who have been employed for at least 90 days are eligible for seven (7) paid holidays per year. We also offer perks like hotel discounts, commuter benefits, pet insurance, back-up dependent care, professional development programs, and much more! All benefit plans are provided at the discretion of the Company and may change periodically with or without notice.
The rate or range is what Kimpton in good faith believes is the range of compensation for this role at the time of this posting. Kimpton may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, long-term incentive compensation, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company’s sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.