Are you interested in learning more about writing and editing for the web? Are you a new or soon-to-be college graduate seeking an opportunity to learn valuable work skills in the Web Editing and Marketing industry? Are you seeking a remote, part-time freelance work opportunity?
As a freelance content creator and editor for HomeAdvisor, you’ll collaborate closely with our SEO team to create and enhance content for the HomeAdvisor brand and blog — developing written and graphic assets to inform, attract, retain and convert an audience of homeowners and home service professionals.
What you’ll do:
- Edit and proofread content for accuracy, organization, grammar, mechanics, spelling and cohesion with brand voice
- Brainstorm strategies to implementing graphics to content pages
- Revise and edit existing Photoshop files for use in content.
- Develop and edit HTML code for content
- Develop and implement SEO strategies using competitive and keyword research
- Manage your own time and tasks to meet deadlines
- Submit invoices
We’re looking for someone who can commit to at least 6 months at 35-40 hours per month with the opportunity to extend or grow the relationship. A working contract will be drafted with the ability for either party to end the relationship with a 30-day written notice.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 1+ year of professional or education experience in writing and editing for the web
- A basic knowledge of content marketing principles, practices and techniques
- A sharp eye for grammatical and spelling errors
- Organization skills with a self-starting mentality
- Critical thinking, creativity and a keen talent for finding and keeping focus
- Familiarity with AP style, inverted pyramid, and CRO
- A desire to learn and grow
- Previous experience working with writers in a corporate or agency environment preferred
What we bring to the table:
- Learning & growth opportunity
- Schedule flexibility
- Helpful, detailed feedback
- Learners’ mentality
- SEO expertise
- Style Guide (with examples)
HomeAdvisor is the largest online marketplace connecting homeowners with local home improvement and repair professionals.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
How to apply:
If you’re excited about working with us, include your resume, editing sample (either before and after or .docx with tracked changes) and/or a link to your portfolio.
The final list of candidates will need to complete a test to measure editing skills.