Griffith Centers for Children specializes in providing a full continuum of therapeutic treatment and academic services for boys and girls and families. We are licensed and nationally accredited to serve children from birth to 21 years of age. We provide community programs such as family preservation, day treatment, education and counseling services. Griffith Centers also provides residential-based programs such as foster care and shared family care, respite services, adoption, group homes, residential treatment (staff secure and open) and independent living services. Today we are able to provide healing and hope to thousands as a nonprofit agency.
- This is a contract position.
- Contractor must have a flexible schedule and can work daytime, evening and weekends.
- Contractor must be able to pass a state and federal background check, and pass a drug test of ALL substances.
- Must be willing to carry professional liability insurance and register with the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA).
- This position will work directly with truant youth and their families in Adams County.
- The counselor will be going in the child’s school and also doing home based work with the family.
- Counselor will identify and assess internal and external factors contributing to truant behavior.
- Counselor will collaborate with school professionals regarding ways to enhance interactions/interventions with youth.
- Counselor will collaborate with youth and their parents to address challenges such as academic failure, attendance and family issues, etc.
- Counselors will help youth create and identify career/vocational and academic goals.
- Counselors will complete all expected documentation and invoices in a timely manner.
- Counselors will attend weekly supervision.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
Education: Masters Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or a related field (required).
- Contractor will have to be able to travel throughout the Northern Denver and other communities such as Boulder, Broomfield, Commerce City Denver, & Thornton, CO communities.
- Applicants must send contract expectations in cover letter with resume.
Job Type: Contract