At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
In Office: This is an in-office position. You’ll eventually be expected to work full-time in an office location, and therefore must live within commuting distance from your assigned office. If your designated office has re-opened to employees, you will work from this office beginning on your first day. If your designated office is not yet re-opened, you’ll work remotely until leadership transitions the team back to in-office work. Your hiring manager will communicate whether your designated office is open to employees before your first day.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
What you’ll get to do…
The Analyst, Accounting is responsible for ensuring that general ledger activities are timely reported and accurately presented under US GAAP. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in general accounting and a strong analytical and problem-solving ability including the ability to research transactions.
- Prepare, coordinate and work with employees in various levels and functions of the company, maintain data integrity in financial systems, maintain strong internal controls and engage in continuous process improvements and automation.
- Responsible for the preparation of general ledger entries and the proper presentation on the financial statements
- Effectively align with appropriate departments and third parties to gather necessary data to close the general ledger
- Maintains and improves SOX compliance for accounting functions and participates in SOX documentation and testing
- Responsible for month end close process, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and account analysis in a timely manner
- Provide subject matter expertise for GL accounting team in supporting projects and facilitating internal and external financial reporting processes
- Coordinates completion and preparation of certain regions for international statutory reporting and compliance
- Identifies and proactively provides solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy, and timeliness for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy, and timelines
Your experience should include…
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting
- CPA designation preferred, but not required
- 1-4 years of relevant accounting experience
- Public Accounting + Private industry experience preferred, but not required
- Experience working for a large, global company is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and related experience with accounting research and application
- Auditing skills, with the ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Proactive and independent
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results
We’ve got your back… Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), which may vary depending on role and tenure, including paid time off, 401k, bonus eligibility, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Once approved, continue to have a side hustle if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us… GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.