We are seeking a Marketing Intern for Global Orphan Prevention & Compass Rose International
NOTE: WE are launching a new charity that will be our American-based charity, called Compass Rose International. The Gala will support both Global Orphan Prevention and Compass Rose International.
Global Orphan Prevention: We prevent orphanage trafficking and child sex trafficking in Nepal & India.
Compass Rose International: We help young women in Denver recalibrate to their True North and remember that their power comes from within through education, and other opportunities.
Position: Marketing and CommunicationsIntern
Description: GlobalOrphan + Compass Rose seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for a well-known community-based nonprofit organization.
- Assist with updating and maintaining social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing monthly eNewsletter
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts, and other stories
- Assist with the design of flyers, graphics, e-vites, and other marketing material for major events hosted by the charity
- Assist with updating the website & online store when needed
- Assist with organizing and attending a monthly marketing committee meeting
- Staff information tables and assist with outreach to the community organizations, public, and donors with the message about our mission.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in, WordPress is highly desired. Knowledge of HTML and graphic design is a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission and the families we serve
Start Date: Position open until filled, requires 3 – 6 month commitment.
Hours: 5 – 12 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office. Up to 4 hours can be completed at home.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship, but you are eligible to receive college credit.
To Apply: Please a send cover letter and resume to Katie@GlobalOP.org