Do you have a passion for global education and international exchange? Are you looking to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with talented people who share a global vision?
Global Glimpse is a visionary nonprofit that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through after school workshops and 15-day immersion programs in Latin America. Started in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007, Global Glimpse has grown to partner with 65 high schools and serve 1,000 students annually across the Bay Area, Chicago, New York, and Western Massachusetts. We run programs in 15 international sites across Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic, and Ecuador. Through a sliding fee model, Global Glimpse works to make experiential global education accessible to students from all socioeconomic backgrounds; the majority of our students come from low-income families and underserved communities. Our mission is to give all youth an opportunity to gain a broader perspective of the world and develop the motivation, skills, and confidence to tackle challenges in their local and global communities.
Global Glimpse is seeking a motivated Operations Associate. The Operations Associate will manage all administrative aspects of Global Glimpse in the United States. This includes: office management, accounting, as well as support of student programing, special events, and miscellaneous projects. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to grow within a rapidly expanding nonprofit organization.
- Manage email@example.com email address. Answer organizational questions and forward queries to appropriate staff
- Manage organizational 1-800 number for administrative requests. Answer organizational questions and forward queries to appropriate staff
- Manage a range of HR responsibilities including posting new job openings, managing incoming applications, filing and tracking hiring documents, running online background checks for candidates, and tracking current staff benefits and PTO
- Keep organization’s insurance plans, IT packages, and business registrations up to date
- Help to book flights, travel and support scheduling for senior staff members
- Gather material for events including fundraising events, teacher trainings, alumni summits, and end-of-year celebrations
- Keep organizational systems like Salesforce and Mailchimp up-to-date and ensure accuracy of information, regularly remove duplicates
- Manage all incoming mail including bills, donations, and organizational paperwork.
- Organize and manage all electronic and paper filing for the headquarters office
- Maintain office space and ensure that office has all supplies necessary
- Help to manage organization’s interns
- Help to manage student blogs during the summer
Accounting & Finance
- Review monthly staff expense reports to ensure accuracy
- Input monthly organizational expenses into QuickBooks and ensure that accounting accurately reflects program, fundraising, and operational revenue and expenses
- Write checks for vendors, students, and staff
- Support with year-end tax reporting, manage external tax professionals
- Process tax forms for students applying for program scholarships
- Review and manage student health forms, track red-flag health issues, contact red-flag students and parents to develop action plans
- Log student payments into program management system, contact students and parents regarding upcoming or missing payments
- Present the Global Glimpse program at parent information sessions at partner schools
- Support airline operations by entering flight data into online system and checking flight itineraries and tickets for accuracy
- Manage post-program survey administration and alumni tracking
- Review and edit international program materials for spelling, grammar, and formatting
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Highly organized, strong time management skills, ability to multitask
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience with key systems including Quickbooks and Salesforce is a bonus.
- Experience with payment tracking, accounting, and budget management
- Experience in the nonprofit sector preferred, but not required
- Ability to work effectively in a small team environment
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to engage professionally with parents, students, and educators
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong public speaking skills are a bonus
- Fluency in Spanish or other foreign language is a bonus
Reports to: Finance and Operations Manager
Salary: Starting salary $46,000 or commensurate with experience, health benefits, Unlimited PTO, cell phone reimbursement & professional development.
Location(s): Berkeley, CA
Start Date: Mid-July
Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please send resume and cover letter detailing your reasons for wanting to work for Global Glimpse and qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have “Operations Associate – Your Name” in the subject line of the email. In your cover letter, please provide 3 references. They will not be contacted until you have gone through a final interview. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.