Fraym is a venture-backed geospatial data analytics company focused exclusively on the African continent. Our platform is the only source of hyper-local, population-centered data on Africa. Until now, decision-makers had to rely on anecdotes, “gut feel,” or expensive primary surveys to make critical decisions. Fraym offers a better way. We provide data and customized analysis for investors, companies, foundations, development and government agencies, and financial institutions.
The successful candidate will have a strong GIS and quantitative background, experience working with GISapplications (e.g.ArcGISorR), and an entrepreneurial mindset. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in remote sensing, machine learning, predictive analytics, and/or experience on the African continent.
This position will perform a range of duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Working with large geostatistical datasets and large household surveys to expand, deepen, and refine the Fraym data platform.
- Building and adapting machine learning algorithms to detect geospatial features.
- Supporting customized client engagements (e.g., investors, corporates, policymakers, and development agencies).
- Preparing analytical products, including presentations, briefings, and other materials.
- Supporting the development of product offerings and capabilities such as machine learning applications and data subscription packages.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field.
- One or two years of work experience is preferred but not required.
- Training in satellite imagery analysis, spatial surface interpolation, network analysis, and/or other types of GIS analysis.
- Training in statistical methods and/or econometrics is preferred.
- Essential software skills: ArcGIS and/or R (e.g. sp and ggplot2 packages). Other software skills (e.g. Stata) are a definite plus.
- Outstanding communication and writing skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; confidence and can-do attitude; ability to advance discrete projects both independently and as part of a small team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with senior executives.
Fraym offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and sample work product to email@example.com.