Organization: Centro Humanitario Para los Trabajadores (El Centro) is a Denver based 501 c 3 nonprofit
Mission: Centro promotes the rights and well-being of day laborers in Colorado through education, employment opportunity, job skills and leadership development, united action and advocacy.
Vision: Day Laborers and Domestic Workers are agents of change they belong, thrive and contribute in a significant way to their families, communities and the global social change movement.
Position Summary: The Program Director will oversee the Employment Program and be responsible for designing and implementing programs and services that are in alignment with the strategic direction of the organization.
· Develop and oversee programs that connect workers and employers
· Facilitate relationship building amongst workers and employers, including conflict mediation
· Responsible for ongoing evaluation of programs and regular reporting
· Engage workers and staff to implement annual work-plan and policies that align with organizational values. Workplan Activities 2017:
o Institute stronger systems to recruit, register and retain employers
o Utilize historical and current data to develop an employer outreach and recruitment program that brings safe and high quality of employment opportunities to the membership
o Engage workers in the design of employment programs that build and improve job skills of worker member pool
o Align employment programs with best practices in the field and incorporate strong evaluation measurements
o Oversee the process and protocols that are needed to deliver wrap around services related to employment and training services
o Manage and develop collaborations to ensure worker’s access to defense programs that address worker and immigrant rights violations, such as Wage Theft
· Special projects and other duties are not limited to but may include:
o Lead, support, participate and represent El Centro during staff meetings, monthly member assembly meetings, community presentations, events and with collaborating partners
o Promote El Centro’s programs and values in the community and actively network to identify potential employers for El Centro’s members
o Actively support and participate in fundraising activities for El Centro
· Strong written and oral communication skills in both Spanish and English
· Minimum education Associates degree, B.A.; Five years relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of educational requirements
· Minimum of two years’ experience in project management/evaluation and/or staff/volunteer supervision
· Experience with conflict management and mediation
· Demonstrated experience and ability to work well with diverse and historically oppressed populations and a commitment to democratic workplaces and grassroots community building
· Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office, Internet, Social Media, Email systems and database programs
· Highly organized and attentive to detail and accuracy
** Preference given to candidates with experience in workforce development, economic opportunity, business development, job placement and/or training programs
Hours: Full Time 40hrs/week, exempt position – a set schedule will reflect worker center hours must be available to work a flexible schedule that will include morning hours (as early as 6am) as well as some afternoons, evenings and weekends.
Compensation/Benefits: Salary is competitive based on experience. Full Health and Dental coverage, 10 paid holidays/year + personal and sick time accrued throughout the year.
*Send cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com open until filled