We recognize and respect the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via email status updates (and text messages, if you opt in) throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
The Hiring Manager
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Cultural Vistas is a nonprofit exchange organization promoting global understanding and collaboration among individuals and institutions. We develop international professional experiences that create more informed, skilled, and engaged citizens. Our programs empower people to drive positive change in themselves, their organizations, and society.
We are always looking for talented individuals with fresh ideas, new perspectives, and the capacity to advance our programs and services. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
We offer opportunities in our headquarters in Washington, D.C. and our offices in Berlin, Germany. Learn more at culturalvistas.org
Cultural Vistas is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
Who We Are
The Muskie team works on fulfilling the mission of U.S.-American public diplomacy and preserving the legacy of the late Senator and Secretary of State Edmund S. Muskie. Through the support from the U.S. Department of State, we have been administering the Edmund S. Muskie Internship Program since 2015. The Program provides emerging leaders of the Fulbright Program from Eastern Europe, the Caucasus, and Central Asia with the opportunity to gain real-world work experience complementing and enriching their graduate studies in the United States.
You will report to the Program Officer within the Exchange Visitor and Grant Programs (EVGP) Department and more specifically within the Edmund S. Muskie Internship Program and the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Seeds for the Future Programs.
Click here for a link to the full job description.
- What You’ll Do
- Your job will be to revitalize public communications and the overall brand of the Edmund S. Muskie Internship Program to help elevate wider recognition of the program in the U.S., Eastern Europe, Central Asia, and the Caucasus, so our participants and alumni can effectively communicate their impact in their diverse industries around the globe.
- At any given time, you will be responsible for all public-facing messaging – from creating social media campaigns to drafting infographics for reports and writing engaging press-releases. You will also meet our participants and alumni through various initiatives in the U.S. and abroad and help us plan events in support of the Program’s brand.
- Who You Are
- To be successful in this job, you will excel in digital marketing and communications, graphic design tools and WordPress support; and have experience working with and writing for non-native English-speaking audiences, networking, and events support.
- Occasional travel to the home office in Washington, DC is expected so candidates located in the DMV region or those willing to relocate are preferred.
- Eligible for a benefits package:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- TransitChek Commuter Benefits
- 20 PTO Days for First 1-3 Years (Increases After)
- Flexible Work Arrangement Schedules (35 Hour Work-Weeks)
- Student Loan repayment program
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement
- 6 Sick Days
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Educational Reimbursement