The selected applicant will ideally begin on 1/3/20 and will run through 7/31/20. Please note that we are working to make this a permanent position in our office.
Job Purpose: The Event Specialist supports the Campus Events department at the Colorado School of Mines and ensures excellent customer service for organizers and participants of conferences and meetings, as well as for faculty, staff, students, and campus visitors. The Event Specialist reports to the Director of Campus Events, within CLASS in the Division of Student Life.
• Is the first point of contact for event rentals and processes and tracks rental leads
• Provides professional guidance to clients, make recommendations and advising clients on the conference/event resources, AV set-up, facilities, and services available, in order to best match client needs and expectations
• Responsible for ensuring the administrative functions for the office are effective, efficient, professional, welcoming, and results driven.
• Manages office needs and places help tickets for IT and Facility requests
• Assists with hiring and training of summer conference student staff
• Coordinates multiple calendars and arranges site visits
• Assists with coordinating requirements of conferences and events with clients, catering, Mines Dining, campus card manager, custodial and facilities management staff.
• Assists with collecting, depositing, and tracking all income from summer conferences and external rentals
• Works in event scheduling software to create new events and update event information
• Generates weekly reports for summer conferences
• Maintains inventory and orders supplies
• Other tasks as needed
Qualifications: Minimum qualifications for the Event Specialist include a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution of higher education or equivalent years of experience in event planning and management. Furthermore, the Event Specialist must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff and clients; and outstanding administrative and planning skills are essential.
To apply please email a resume and cover letter.