We are seeking a resourceful, creative, business development intern to work with the Property Development team at Collective Retreats. The team’s core functions are to (i) expand and build out the strong property pipeline for Collective Retreats portfolio; (ii) negotiate agreements with new partners in desired locations; and, (iii) manage existing property relations, including expansion and local permitting for each Retreat. The intern will be an integral support across these three functions, with the primary responsibility of expanding the property pipeline through targeted research and direct outreach with new contacts.
The work will require research into new desired market locations, including direct targeting/cold-calling potential property partners, as well as responding to inquiries about interest in partnering with Collective Retreats and updating our pipeline CRM. In addition, conducting research and due diligence on development permit requirements within a given jurisdiction, and helping to support the setting of deal terms and negotiating contracts with new property partners. This person will work as a team and independently, reporting into the Property Development Manager.
The ideal candidate has an interest in business development and alternative, luxury hospitality – and is highly motivated and a team player.
- Inbound property pipeline management
- Data entry into the pipeline CRM
- Market research for new locations for Collective Retreats expansion
- Maintain competitor database, and review competitors at the national and local levels
- Help to develop and refine sales decks and marketing collateral
- Support development team as needed with wide-ranging projects
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Interest in business development
- Experience with luxury hospitality sector preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail
- Hard-working, enthusiastic, flexible – desires new challenges and is self-motivated
- Strong team player and collaborator – acts as an integral member of the team, keeping other members informed as well as assisting other colleagues as required
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced environment
Requirements for Employment:
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license
- Current student or recent graduate
- Locally based in Denver, CO