Stipend: This is a competitive internship position with a $1000 monthly stipend. Qualified applicants may receive academic credit through their college or university.
Apply By: January 30, 2019
Start Date: Feb 11, 2019
End Date: July 2019, TBD based on intern’s schedule
Desired Schedule: 10-15 hours/week; schedule mutually decided upon by CherryArts and chosen candidate.
Broad Scope of Position: The Education Intern is responsible for (but not limited to) support assistance for education outreach programs like Ink the City, Mobile ArtCart, the Mobile Art Gallery, Student Art Buying and all related logistics. Candidates should enjoy a fast-paced environment; take pride in being detail and deadline oriented; have the confidence to seamlessly switch between self-directed work and collaborative projects; and be excited to join a nonprofit office withinterdisciplinary work.
- Provide education programming to students K-12
- Aid in the execution and scheduling of all education outreach programs.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the production of education programs.
- Record and administer evaluative surveys to outreach participants
- Attend CherryArts meetings and events as necessary
- Additional creative opportunities, based on the intern’s skills and interests
Desired Skills/Academic Field of Study
Major or degree in Art Education, Education, Nonprofit Management.
Additionally, we are seeking a candidate with these skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Digital proficiency, Apple operating system, Microsoft Office, Excel, Constant Contact and Adobe Creative is a bonus
- A keen sense of self-motivation, proclivity to work positively with a variety of personality types and leadership styles.
- Ability to be flexible and to embrace change
- Demonstrate a high standard of integrity and professionalism when representing CherryArts off-site.
- Screen printing experience is a bonus
- A passion for art and art education
How to Apply
To apply for this position please submit a resume, cover letter and one example of your creativity (an academic assignment, a photo of artwork or other DIY project, a writing sample, etc.) to:
(303) 355-2787 ext 212