In working towards helping CASA meet its overall objective of providing a caring CASA Volunteer for children with open abuse and neglect cases, the Development Intern performs a range of administrative and development related tasks to aid with development activities and donor and sponsor relations.
This internship position will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, event management, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in a non-profit.
Hours: 15 – 25 hours per week (flexible) from early-May to late-September out of the CASA of Adams & Broomfield Counties Office located at 11860 Pecos Street Westminster, CO 80234 (option to work some hours remotely)
Reports To: Events Manager
Description of Duties:
• Assist with planning and execution of fundraising special events and fundraising efforts (CASA Classic Golf Tournament, Indulge for CASA Gala Event)
• Oversee outreach for silent auction at Indulge, one of the main revenue streams at the event, and maintain tracking spreadsheet for donations
• Coordinate volunteer staffing for all events with the Community Engagement Manager
• Attend events and assist the Development Team as needed
• Maintain event supplies
• Other duties as assigned
Outreach and Recruitment
• Assist with data entry in the Bloomerang database
• Help with the planning and execution of presentations and other recruitment-related events as needed
• In conjunction with the Community Engagement Manager, oversee the set-up and tear-down of the CASA booth at community fairs, festivals and tabling events (COVID-19 permitting). Help supervise volunteers at these events
• Outreach to potential Advocates as needed
• Assist with various filing and organizing needs
General Office Duties
• Answer phone and manage messages as needed
• Assist Chief Executive Officer and Development Director with various filing and organizing needs.
Minimum Qualifications for Position:
• High school diploma with some college experience.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
• Strong computer and internet skills. Experience with Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher required.
• Great team player. Ability to work well with others as well as alone in minimally supervised situations.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• High energy. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks at once.
• Ability to drive in and around Adams and Broomfield Counties.
• Flexible schedule and ability to work evening and weekends as required.
• Strong organizational abilities.