Employment verification inquires may be faxed to (916) 561-4501.
Resumes are regularly reviewed when submitted in response to posted job vacancies. For consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title you are applying for noted in the subject header. Applicants who most closely meet the skills required of an open position will be contacted directly by someone from our staff.
Phone calls, in-person visits or resume status inquiries are not available due to high applicant volume.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision benefits, and employer-paid life/accidental death/long-term disability insurance, 401(k) match, 9 paid holidays, paid vacation, an onsite café, exercise facility and covered parking garage.
Political Affairs Coordinator
Provide support to the Political Affairs Manager by assisting with fundraising, campaign reporting, grassroots activities, and special events to further the organization’s political objectives.
- Facilitate fundraising projects such as direct mail campaigns and county FARM PAC events, including data entry of contributions received and disbursed.
- Utilize the membership database to generate reports to evaluate fundraising programs and progress.
- Coordinate accurate reporting of political activity with outside firm to develop campaign reports.
- Assist in executing grassroots activities for the general membership, including coordinating with policy staff to draft action alerts and planning special events to increase the organization’s exposure to elected officials and candidates for office.
- Assist in developing presentations, handouts, and materials to further the program agenda.
- Other related office duties, as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing accuracy and quality of work.
- Proactive with the ability to exercise sound judgment in areas of responsibility.
- Effective and clear written and verbal communicator.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agribusiness, Political Science, Communications or related field preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in the agricultural community focusing on member relations and program development.
- Involvement in the legislative process or governmental relations preferred.
- Familiarity with PAC contribution tracking and report preparation preferred.
- Intermediate proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as the ability to learn and work within a membership database program.