Avid4 Adventure, voted multiple years in a row to Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work list, is hiring Whitewater paddling instructors for our summer day camps in Colorado. We empower kids to choose active, outdoor lifestyles. Instructors are the cornerstone of our team, providing support, mentorship, and instruction to our campers with enthusiasm and passion. We are seeking instructors that can:
- Live Fun
- Live Environmentally Connected
- Live Truth
- Live Smart(er)
- Live Gratitude
- Live Empowered
- Live Balanced
- Live Community
Paddling instructors co-lead a group of up to thirteen campers in a progression of flatwater to whitewater kayaking and/or SUP skills. Instructors will mentor campers in the appropriate progression of paddling skills including strokes, rescue techniques, and Leave No Trace principles related to paddle sports. Instructors will also help campers develop confidence and foster teamwork in an outdoor environment. Just as important, this position is about inspiring campers in new outdoor pursuits and having fun!
- Minimum 19 years of age and a sincere passion for working with kids
- First Aid and CPR prior to the start of camp (Staff with Wilderness First Aid or higher do receive additional compensation)
- Accomplished and experienced in whitewater kayaking/SUPing.
- Knowledgeable of instructional principles and skills associated with each of Avid4 Adventure’s paddle sports activities.
- Training starts in mid-May. Camp programs run through mid-August. For specific details on each location & program, please click here.
- Work week: Monday – Friday, about 40 hours/week
- Please visit our website for our full compensation rubric, including hourly rates and experience additives at https://avid4.com/jobs/compensation.
- Public transportation reimbursement to/from camp
- Free access to Avid4 gear during non-camp hours
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.