Full Job Description
Manufacturing Engineer Intern
We’re currently seeking a highly motivated and energetic student to join our team as a Manufacturing Engineer Intern for Summer 2023. We are a heavy industrial manufacturing facility that transforms aluminum and other metals into various products. This position will be based at our manufacturing facility in Cranberry Township, PA.
This internship entails a summer project that will be led by the Intern Engineer and supervised by the current Finishing Engineer. During the project, the Intern will deal with a real manufacturing problem, need to collect information on the shop floor, process data analytics, conduct research in a technical library, state the real problem, evaluate the current scenario, state a target scenario, and create a list of actions that needs to be taken in order to solve or mitigate the issue. This will be in coordination with the Finishing Engineer.
Why join us? Our interns have the opportunity to be part of real-world business scenarios. Their skills are sharpened as full members of a project team, working alongside leaders in partnership with business unit clients. Interns are assigned projects based on their business unit specifications which will vary depending on location. Some of the highlights as a member of the team are business insights sessions with the Senior Leadership team, professional development opportunities, plant tours, and social activities with other interns and colleagues.
W e look for interns with:
- Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement.
- A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities.
- The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Willingness to take initiative to understand the business.
- An aptitude for problem solving and data analytics.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Previous successful experience as an active member of a team.
- A strong commitment to excellence and personal and professional growth.
- An independent work ethic: resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, confident, and high energy.
Come be a part of our team at the Cranberry facility! We are just 30 minutes north of Pittsburgh and only a short drive for hiking, shopping, and recreational activities!
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Prior manufacturing experience.