About A Precious Child:
A Precious Child, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides children in need with opportunities and resources to empower them to achieve their full potential. A Precious Child envisions a future where every child grows up to be a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community.
Position Reports to: Marketing Manager, Becca Patton.
The Marketing Intern will work directly with the Marketing Manager to execute the organization’s marketing plan. In working towards helping A Precious Child meet its overall goal of empowering kids to succeed, the Marketing Intern will also be responsible for additional administrative, marketing and communications related tasks to aid with branding and public relations for the organization.
· Work with the Marketing Manager to execute the organization’s marketing plan.
· Maintain and update A Precious Child’s website as directed by the Marketing Manager.
· Development of brand-related collaterals for events, programs and social media promotions.
· Help build brand recognition.
· Assist in compiling weekly/monthly social media report.
· Research creative and innovative ideas to promote the organization and events through digital, print and other channels.
· Assist with administrative tasks as they relate to marketing.
· Assist with organizational programs and events, including event photography and posting for social media and other roles as assigned.
· Table at community events.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Passion for A Precious Child’s mission and vision.
· High school diploma and some school experience preferred.
· Strong computer and internet skills.
· Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher).
· Minimum basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign preferred. Lightroom and Premiere Pro a plus.).
· Some website experience (WordPress is preferred).
· Outstanding writing, editing, proofreading and verbal skills.
· Organized and able to manage priorities and deadlines effectively.
· Self-motivated person with enthusiasm, positivity, tenacity and resilience with the ability.
· Set and achieve goals, meet deadlines, resolve problems and perform a task.
· Possesses excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills.
· Working knowledge of popular social media platforms.
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including occasional weekends and holidays.
· Occasional physical work is required. Must be able to lift 30 lbs. and work in a standing position for periods of time.
· Must be able to pass background check.
Hours: Minimum 10 hours per week.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. Students are encourage to apply for academic credit.
How to Apply: Please email a resume, cover letter, writing sample and graphic design portfolio (if applicable) to our Volunteer Team at Volunteer@APreciousChild.org with the subject line “Marketing Internship”.