Who is 9Health? 9Health is the largest volunteer-driven, non-profit health and education program in the nation that gives participants the tools they need to take responsibility for their own health. 9Health is committed to providing life-saving early detection and prevention to help you and your family stay healthy.
Whether you are pursuing a healthier lifestyle, taking advantage of the affordable screenings or raising your health-related awareness, attending a 9Health Fair offers many benefits for attendees. 9Health empowers participants to become informed and make smart, health-related decisions for the future. 9Health Fairs provide vital information about the participant’s body so that they and their physician can ensure that they stay on the road to good health.
Objective: To promote and publicize a 9Health Fair within the local community or a group of 9Health Fairs within a specified District by formulating a publicity plan (based on the Communications Department flow chart).
Qualifications: A successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of publicity tactics, such as: social media, newsletters, local business outreach and more. The candidate should be working towards or have earned a degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field; work well in a team setting; and be reliable. This position will be self-directed, and the success of the publicity plan will be dependent on the effort put into its execution.
- Review and become familiar with the Planning and Publicity sections of the 9Health Fair Resource Guide
- Formulation with the local or District team leadership of a publicity plan (based on the Communications Department flow chart)
- Execution of the publicity plan
How much time will it require?
During the Spring Season, local Site Leadership Teams begin meeting to plan their fairs as follows:
- January (1-3 hours) - create their basic Publicity Plan
- February (2-4 hours) - contact organizational newsletters for March publications;
- March (3-5 hours) - create flyers and a distribution plan for the flyers to local businesses and begin distribution of those flyers with your Leadership Team members; and
- April (5+ hours) - post regularly in social media in the days leading up to the actual fair.
This timing can be flexible. If the candidate has a timing issue, it is critical that they communicate with their site leader.
Why it is important. A fair can only be successful if the community is aware of the possibilities that it provides. As a Publicity Intern and community member, you will be tasked to identify and capitalize on the most innovative and effective way to promote your Community 9Health Fair(s).
To 9Health Fair:
- Building relationships within the greater community through connection to local college campuses.
- Better promotion of local and District 9Health Fairs.
- Promote ownership of health throughout Colorado
To Publicity Intern:
- Hands-on experience in their chosen field.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Possibility of credit hours earned (to be determined by school contact).
- Build your resume while learning the culture of volunteerism
How to apply. If you are interested in a Publicity Internship, please send your resume and cover letter to Lin Sunshine at email@example.com, please include how you heard about this opportunity, your future plans, and how you “Own Your Health.” Should you have questions, please call Lin at 303-698-4455.