Exploring career options in Quantitative and Data Science? Seeking an internship, job, or research opportunities?
Mentor for a Moment is a virtual connection event featuring alumni and employers from a variety of industries who are doing work in Quantitative & Data Science fields. It’s a virtual conversation with RSECS and NSM alumni just for undergraduate and graduate students.
REGISTER FOR THE EVENT HERE
**List of Attending Alumni.** Check back for more!
Kathleen Lockhart | BA Mathematics & Geography | Director of Product Management | Zayo Group
Andrew Bruni | BS Computer Science | Senior Application Developer | Charter Communications
Not seeing a job title you’re interested in, but like some of the organizations? Or vice versa? Come anyway. Connecting with others can help you learn about job functions as well as certain organizations.
Interested in joining us, but not sure what to ask our alumni? We’ve got you covered!
- What sparked your interest in field? How did that spark influence your career trajectory?
- Why did you choose the program of study you did when you were at DU?
- What skills from my program of study might an employer want to learn more about? Which skills should I sharing with others?
- In what ways did your program of study help prepare you for your career?
- What was the most valuable learning experience you gained while at DU?
- Were there any challenges you faced in finding internships/jobs related to your interests? How did you overcome them?
- How did you find your job? How have you found previous internship or work experiences?
- Who, or what, influenced your career goals as you were deciding on what to do after graduation?
- Has anyone or anything had a profound, positive effect on you that you didn’t realize until much later?
- What has been your most fulfilling experience in giving of your time, effort, or talent?
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable individuals of all abilities to engage fully – Persons with disabilities please see below. To request an accommodation or for inquiries about accessibility, please contact event host listed below.