This event is open to ALL students and alumni.
Careers in Food & Beverage go beyond restaurants and hotels. Learn about a variety of career paths including food science, sustainability and sales from a panel of alumni and employer experts in the field. Start building your professional network at a fun and engaging event while learning what it is like to work and gain experience in this industry.
A panel of alumni experts in the field will be prepared to talk about their industries and answer participant questions. Come for all or any part of the event. Please continue to check back for a list of alumni/employers attending.
4:15-4:30- Check In
4:30-5:05- Welcome/Panel Discussion & Q&A
5:10-6:10- Rotating Table Discussions with Alumni
6:10-6:30- Open Networking
Interested in joining us, but not sure what to ask our alumni and employers? Here are some ideas:
- What do you think is important to know for someone interested in this career field?
- How did you become interested in your area of work?
- What aspects of the job and/or the field are most challenging for you?
- What do you find rewarding about your work?
- What personal attributes do you think are essential to success in this field?
- Which professional journals and organizations should I know about?
- What experiences have you had that have been invaluable to getting to where you are today?
- How did you get your job?
- What motivates you to stay in this line of work?
- If you could do it all over again, would you choose the same path for yourself? Why? What would you change?
- Are there other organizations/people that you would suggest that I contact? May I use your name? (Important to ask so that your network continues to grow).