Are you exploring career options in the Healthcare Industry? Seeking an internship, job, or research opportunities? Are you a STEM student?
TO REGISTER AND RECEIVE A LINK FOR EVENT, PLEASE CLICK HERE
Looking to connect with fun people who are doing work that interests you? Mentor for a Moment will now be a virtual connection event featuring alumni and employers from a variety of industries who are doing work in STEM. It’s an evening of virtual conversation with alumni just for undergraduate and graduate students in Natural Sciences & Mathematics and the Ritchie School. Featuring RSECS and NSM alumni and friends of DU from across the STEM industries including:
Emily Thorell, BS Biology 1996, University of Utah, Pediatric Infectious Disease Physician, https://www.linkedin.com/in/emilythorell/
Sarah Wilson, BS Mathematics 2014, Stedman Philippon Research Institute, Research Engineer, https://www.linkedin.com/in/sarahamaliewilson/
Jeff Ives, BS Biology 1979, Ives Consulting, Medical Device Development and Operations, https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-ives-8803958/
Matthew Brochin, BS Biology 2014, Medtronic, Global Sterilization Specialist, https://www.linkedin.com/in/brochin/
Jake Chabon, BS Molecular Biology 2010, Stanford University, Postdoctoral Fellow, https://www.linkedin.com/in/jake-chabon-b1874414/
Amy Johnson, BS Biology 1985, UC Health, Medical Practice Lead, https://www.linkedin.com/in/amy-johnson-a15580b1/
JC Montanez, MS Healthcare Leadership 2018, TLC Concierge Services, Opioid Taskforce-Dental Professions Representative, https://www.linkedin.com/in/juancarlosmontanez/
Katie Swan, BA Biology 2009, Neurosurgical Associates, Neurological Physician Assistant, https://www.linkedin.com/in/katherineanneswan/
Olga Mukhina, Postdoc Research Fellow, Amgen, Scientist, https://www.linkedin.com/in/olga-a-mukhina/
Jade D’Anna, MAS Information & Communications Technology 2017, Kaiser Permanente, Solutions Consultant, https://www.linkedin.com/in/jade-d-2302b820/
Rahwa Netsanet, BS Biology 2015, CU Department of Orthopedics Spine Division, Clinical Research Coordinator, https://www.linkedin.com/in/rahwa-netsanet-5455758b/
Emily Chavez, BS Molecular Biology 2014, Rabin Martin, Global Health Strategist, https://www.linkedin.com/in/emilyjchavez/
**Check back soon for a full list! We are hard at work gathering alums for you.**
Not seeing a job title you’re interested in, but like some of the organizations? Or vice versa? Come anyway. Connecting with others can help you learn about job functions as well as certain organizations.
Interested in joining us, but not sure what to ask our alumni? We’ve got you covered!
- What sparked your interest in field? How did that spark influence your career trajectory?
- Why did you choose the program of study you did when you were at DU?
- What skills from my program of study might an employer want to learn more about? Which skills should I sharing with others?
- In what ways did your program of study help prepare you for your career?
- What was the most valuable learning experience you gained while at DU?
- Were there any challenges you faced in finding internships/jobs related to your interests? How did you overcome them?
- How did you find your job? How have you found previous internship or work experiences?
- Who, or what, influenced your career goals as you were deciding on what to do after graduation?
- Has anyone or anything had a profound, positive effect on you that you didn’t realize until much later?
- What has been your most fulfilling experience in giving of your time, effort, or talent?
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable individuals of all abilities to engage fully – Persons with disabilities please see below. To request an accommodation or for inquiries about accessibility, please contact event host listed below.
Check back closer to the event to receive a list of alums and companies that are attending.