How do you get experience without having experince in that specific field?
It can be frustrating to not know where to start as you’re starting a new career path. You look at entry level jobs, and they’re asking for 3+ years of experience. Or maybe you’ve already established your career in another field but are struggling to translate your skills to a new industry. Where do you begin?
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How to translate your academic experiences into professional experience on your resume
- What to include on your resume and how to frame that information effectively
- How to anticipate and proactively address skill gaps in your experience
- Proactively communicate to employers why you’re the best fit for the role
- Creative ways to gain experience and build your network
About the Presenter:
Megan Pritchett is the Graduate Career Advisor for both University College and the College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Science at the University of Denver. She received her master’s degree in Career Counseling from California State University, Sacramento and her bachelor’s degree from Scripps College. When not helping others create more meaningful careers, she enjoys running, hiking, skiing, reading, and nurturing her household plants.