Are you exploring career options that will allow you to leverage your creative talents? Seeking an internship, job, or research opportunities?
Looking to connect with fun people who are doing work that interests you?
Consider attending an evening of conversation with alumni just for undergraduate and graduate students in College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences (CAHSS). Guests include graduates from Emergent Digital Practices, Art & Art History, Anthropology, Psychology, and Philosophy, just to name a few.
Featuring alumni and friends of DU from across CAHSS, including:
Vince Madison – 1997, BM | President/Composer at Firefly Records | LinkedIn
Tony Ryan – 2015, BA Theatre | Founder/Artistic Director at Pipedrearm Productions | LinkedIn
Kristin Bueb – 2011 BA Art History, 2012 MA Art History and Museum Studies |Exhibition Manager for the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities |LinkedIn
- Alumni will be announced in January
There will be food and refreshments! Please, RSVP here so we can have an accurate headcount. Business casual dress.
Interested in joining us, but not sure what to ask our alumni? We’ve got you covered! Check out these sample questions below to help activate an engaging and meaningful conversation.
- What sparked your interest in the creative field? How did that spark influence your career trajectory?
- Why did you choose the program of study you did when you were at DU?
- What skills from my program of study might an employer want to learn more about? Which skills should I sharing with others?
- In what ways did your program of study help prepare you for your career?
- What was the most valuable learning experience you gained while at DU?
- Were there any challenges you faced in finding internships/jobs related to your interests? How did you overcome them?
- How did you find your job? How have you found previous internship or work experiences?
- Who, or what, influenced your career goals as you were deciding on what to do after graduation?
- Has anyone or anything had a profound, positive effect on you that you didn’t realize unt
If you need an accommodation to fully participate in this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance if possible.