Learn from wide array of alumni working in global and international careers and meet employers with a global focus as well. A short panel will be followed by rotating table discussions hearing from a variety of professionals in the industry.
Current Employers & Alumni Participants:
US Department of State
Deloitte Consulting – GPS Division
EF (Education First)
Focus Points Family Resource Center
There will be refreshments! Please RSVP here so we can have an accurate headcount. Business casual dress.
4:15-4:30- Check In
4:30-5:05- Welcome/Panel Discussion & Q&A
· Joey Ham, Vice President Global Marketing and Communicationsm, Grabel
· Gergana Kostadinova, Sr. Manager, Professional & Youth Exchange Programs, World Denver
· Stewart Devine, Diplomat in Residence, State Department
· Carrie Kufta, Global Head of Volunteer Engagement, Cochlear Americas
5:10-6:10- Rotating Table Discussions with Alumni
6:10-6:30- Open Networking
Interested in joining us, but not sure what to ask our alumni and employers? Here are some ideas:
- What do you think is important to know for someone interested in a global career?
- How did you become interested in your area of work?
- What aspects of the job and/or the field are most challenging for you?
- What do you find rewarding about your work?
- What personal attributes do you think are essential to success in this field?
- Which professional journals and organizations should I know about?
- What experiences have you had that have been invaluable to getting to where you are today?
- How did you get your job?
- What motivates you to stay in this line of work?
- If you could do it all over again, would you choose the same path for yourself? Why? What would you change?
- Are there other organizations/people that you would suggest that I contact? May I use your name? (Important to ask so that your network continues to grow).
For questions about this event, including accessibility concerns, please contact:
Mary Michael Hawkins