The team within Career & Professional Development takes our work around diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) very seriously. DEI values inform and guide our work as a department, and we are committed to ensuring that our services and resources meet the needs of the diverse communities that we serve.
Some recent steps we have taken toward these efforts include:
- Identify all student, faculty, staff, & employer stakeholders to engage & refine exact questions to ask (*NEW)
- Developed survey and focus/listening group session questions to be implemented Winter Quarter (*NEW)
- Updating our website to provide more enhanced resources for our student and alumni affinity groups.
- Hiring an Assistant Director for Career Development that will work to provide tailored programming and resources for our diverse communities.
- Reviewing outcomes and student engagement data by demographic to ensure we are serving and supporting all communities equitably.
We will be reaching out to student group leaders and key staff in the next couple of weeks. Watch for an e-mail for an opportunity to provide feedback!
Over the course of this year, we plan to deepen these efforts by implementing a thorough strategic planning and goal setting process. Beginning this fall, we will identify various stakeholder groups of students, alumni, staff/faculty, and employers to share feedback with us through focus groups, listening sessions, and surveys. We will also research trends and best practices in the field to integrate into this work. Finally, by Spring 2021, we will be setting goals for moving forward in this work and establishing concrete implementation timelines.
Do you have questions or feedback to share with us as we begin this process? Would you like to be involved? If so, please email Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.org to share your thoughts—we are eager to hear your input!