Pioneer Careers is DU’s job board for students and it’s a one stop shop for students. Students will find student employment positions, internships, & full-time opportunities on the site. They can also make appointments with their career advisor and register for career & professional development events. This job board is a great tool to advertise your positions.
Create Your Account & Post Positions
- Go to du.edu/hireapioneer
- Select “sign up for an account”.
- Enter your contact information and create an account password. When finished, select “create account”.
- You only need to create a profile once. If you’ve created a profile previously, skip to step 4 after logging in.
- Please note: If you are an on-campus employer, se the following naming convention in the “Employer” field: “University of Denver – DU – name of your department/division” (i.e. University of Denver – DU – Accounting Department). If you are an off-campus employer, select off-Campus Childcare, Off-Campus Landscape Maintenance, etc. Select the one that best fits your position.
- Click “Post a Job” on the homepage.
- Complete all required categories, paying special attention to the following categories:
- Job Phase: select “Internships & Student Employment”
- Work Authorization: On-campus employers, select “All Work Authorizations Accepted”. This will ensure the ability for all students, including international students, to view the posting. Off-campus employers, verify selection choice through information provided by International & Student Scholar department.
- Type of Job: select “Student Employment: On DU Campus” OR “Student Employment: Off Campus” (ex. childcare, tutoring, etc.)
- Eligibility: select “Current Students and 1st Year Alumni” for the Student Group. Select “Korbel Grad Students: Current Students and 1st Year Alumni” if you’d like your position open to this student population.
- Compensation: For positions funded by federal or state work study, please select “work study eligible”. For positions funded by your department, please select “hourly”.
- Application Deadline: We recommend having a specific close date for applications. If you’d like to reopen the same position later in the year, you are able to copy the closed description and reopen it.
Contact Student Employment at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.